Ending the Game Situation ?

By gurumets, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Hi Rebellion Family,

So we had a situation last night and was hoping to get some clarifaction:

Our Rebel base is Mon Calamari

we had no troops on the "REBEL BASE SPOT" and no troops or LOYALTY on "MON CALAMARI" (don't ask me why or how, lol, just how it worked it out)

The dark side then used a card to gain 2 loyalty on MON CALAMARI .... we told them that was our rebel base, or course at that point

the round then ends

the dark side now was to put a Storm Trooper and a ATST they just pulled off the build queue on MON CALAMARI, which would end the game

can they do this? or do you have to attack or more in to take over the Rebel Base and win

thank you

Guru

Okay, I will not ask anything about the situation ?

The rulebook is pretty clear on how the Empire wins. You find it in page 14:

"The Imperial player wins the game immediately if there are Imperial units in the Rebel base’s system and there are no Rebel units in the system."
"The Imperial player can win only if the Rebel base is revealed."

So in your case, as the base was already revealed, as soon as the imperial player puts a unit in the system, he automatically wins the game.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

Ok I understand , thank you

our follow up questions is, in the situation above where they located the rebel base by gaining loyalty, can they move units in from the build queue onto the rebel base to end the game ?

Yes. It doesn't matter that the Rebel Base is there, as long as you have loyalty in the system and there are no enemy units there (and no sabotage), nothing stops you from putting units there from the build queue.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

thank you very much for your replies and knowledge

if anyone is ever in Buffalo NY we are gaming hard, Mansions of Madness, this game and many others

Guru

I read this in the rules, right now...

"While the base is revealed, units cannot be deployed to or move to the “Rebel Base” space."

does this change your thinking at all ?

If the Rebel Base is empty and the Imperials gain loyalty in the system to reveal the Rebel Base, can the Imperials deploy ground units from the Build Queue ending the game ?

thank you

Edited by gurumets

In my opinion that doesn't change what I've been saying because that dot is talking about the Rebels deploying units. If they wanted to clarify that neither Rebels nor Empire could deploy units there it would have been in a different dot.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86
On 5/2/2018 at 2:48 PM, gurumets said:

I read this in the rules, right now...

"While the base is revealed, units cannot be deployed to or move to the “Rebel Base” space."

does this change your thinking at all ?

If the Rebel Base is empty and the Imperials gain loyalty in the system to reveal the Rebel Base, can the Imperials deploy ground units from the Build Queue ending the game ?

thank you

No, this would not change the situation. The "Rebel Base" space always refers to the square on the side of the board labeled "Rebel Base", next to the Objective deck. This is the space where the Rebel player deploys units in secret. The Rebel Base space never refers to the system on the map which happens to be the location of the Rebel Base. A little confusing, but it's important to see how the "Rebel Base" space is a technical term. As Lemmiwinks86 said, that passage in the rulebook is really for the Rebel Alliance player, preventing them from "hiding" units in the secret space when the base has already been revealed.

Edited by sionnach19

@sionnach19 is right, I read it quickly before and missed that it says "Rebel Base space" and not only "Rebel Base". This means that the whole dot is referring not only to Rebels deploying as I said before but to the Rebel Base space and not the system where the Rebel Base is. The imperial player has loyalty in the system so he can deploy units there without an issue (unless of course if the rebel player has some unit there or a sabotage marker).

thanks team

On 5/2/2018 at 2:37 PM, gurumets said:

thank you very much for your replies and knowledge

if anyone is ever in Buffalo NY we are gaming hard, Mansions of Madness, this game and many others

Guru

I live in (near) Buffalo and a few of us play Rebellion semi-regularly.

Edited by Thraug

We are in a situation where the Rebel base has been found and there are several turns before it meets up with the rebel token on the time track. Do we keep playing until all the rebels are dead and/ or the tokens meet up on the time track.