Share Your Questions About X-Wing™ Second Edition Here

By Lomiat, in X-Wing

Does damage deck 2.0 differs from blue core set damage deck? I mean the only way to grab an actualized damage deck is either buying a 2.0 core set, or the one to be sent with the conversion kits it's not just cosmetic but equivalent to the one in the new core set (2.0)????

7 minutes ago, Opsmason said:

Watched the live stream, read the FAQ, still a little confused on the “center line” on the movement templates: will the new templates (and that line) be necessary for Second Edition, or will First Edition templates (particularly custom acrylics) still work?

For organized play, it is not entirely clear if the old templates will be “legal”

For non-tournament settings, the line seems to merely be there to make things easier and is not “needed”. Bumping appears to work the same as before, the line is just to make it easier to figure out where the ship goes, and the b-roll has a simple work around.

2 minutes ago, Mpori said:

Does damage deck 2.0 differs from blue core set damage deck? I mean the only way to grab an actualized damage deck is either buying a 2.0 core set, or the one to be sent with the conversion kits it's not just cosmetic but equivalent to the one in the new core set (2.0)????

The impression I got from the articles, and things I have read on here sound like the deck will be functionally different.

If I buy a conversion kit for all my stuff, will I have to buy another core set? Do they have different maneuver templates and such?

4 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

The impression I got from the articles, and things I have read on here sound like the deck will be functionally different.

Could someone tell if there's no other way to get the damage deck other than core set 2.0 please?(why no put that in tha .app also!!!)

Are damage decks from 1.0 allowed?

If not, is FFG/Asmodee prepared to deliver that many core sets to players on release?

Or will a damage deck be sold separately?

How far will 1.0 be supported after 2.0 release?

Will there be a way for third party squadbuilder website creators to link to realtime squad point changes?

Why 3 Decimator dials in conversion kit but only 2 gunboats and 2 defender dials? Who makes these decisions?

12 minutes ago, Mpori said:

Could someone tell if there's no other way to get the damage deck other than core set 2.0 please?(why no put that in tha .app also!!!)

As far as we can tell, the only ways to get the new damage deck are in the new core set, or by pre-ordering a conversion kit and getting the promo “x-wing blueprint” damage deck.

5 hours ago, Squark said:

While all kits will include medium bases, the only ships changing size are small ships becoming medium ships; Specifically, the K-wing, ARC-170, Tie Punisher, Scurrg, Mist Hunter, and Kimogila. Source: The FAQ on the Product Page.

I'm fairly sure this is untrue. The Firespray is reportedly going down to a medium base. Which I don't think makes a ton of sense, but that's just what I've heard.

28 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

As far as we can tell, the only ways to get the new damage deck are in the new core set, or by pre-ordering a conversion kit and getting the promo “x-wing blueprint” damage deck.

Plz make'em amazon.mx available! If able... Plz!

Ok I’ll add my questions to the chorus.

1) do we need a new core set for templates and damage decks?

2) if so is the promo damage deck only for starter set preorders or conversion sets as well cause this might help solve issue 1 above. (I already have 4x t-65 xwings and 8x tie/ln not including the 3 tie/fo repaints. So I can’t use anymore ties.)

3) you mention aces sets with repaints won’t be reboxed for second edition. Does aces set include “Guns for Hire” and “Heroes of the resistance”. I ask becuase heroes is not just a repaint (and I haven’t bought it yet).

4) And I realize epic and narrative games is a future announcement but I’d really like to see you guys make something great with this portion of the game like heroes of the Arturi cluster did.

Edited by Gungo

Are the dice faces/results changing, or still the same exact 1e dice?

Do any ships change the suite of maneuvers available to them, or are new dials just a cosmetic change?

3 minutes ago, Farseerixirvost said:

Are the dice faces/results changing, or still the same exact 1e dice?

Andrew Navaro said that the dice are the same.

Like others have mentioned, will there be a damage deck available as a separate purchase without pre-ordering a 2.0 core set? Please do!

Also, is there any chance that FFG will release even smaller conversion kits that include just one ship's new components? A lot of our local players are frustrated because they can't pick and choose what they need converted to 2.0 without ponying up for extra conversion kits or buying full 2.0 ship expansions.

what are you planning to do to help players without easy access to a computer or smartphone who wish to build lists? This move may make it simpler for heavy tournament goers but younger kids who like these sorts of games and people who can't afford smartphones (or choose not to have them) who buy this game casually are kinda hit hard by this change. Yes I understand that there is a web based one but not everyone has access to computers

Edited by Tailsgod
2 minutes ago, Tailsgod said:

what are you planning to do to help players without easy access to a computer or smartphone who wish to build lists? This move may make it simpler for heavy tournament goers but younger kids who like these sorts of games and people who can't afford smartphones (or choose not to have them) who buy this game casually are kinda hit hard by this change. Yes I understand that there is a web based one but not everyone has access to computers

They said that there will be a printable PDF file for reasons just like that.

We are getting conflicting information between different sources on this, would you be able to clarify the following?

When an existing ship that is not in the wave 1 re-release group is re-released (Using the Decimator or Defender as an example) will the re-release boxes contain upgrades or pilots that are not found in the conversion kits?

6 hours ago, CMDR Ytterium said:

maybe because they are optionally the same? can use same templates? and DDeck?

They stated you will need a new damage deck in the press release.

1 hour ago, Forgottenlore said:

Where did you get this about getting a promo deck with a preorder?

FFG

as regards upgrade cards that will be released in future waves (this is specific to existing ship rereleases) will you consent to allow players to print and use those upgrades in competitive play?

if not then you are seriously hindering your existing player base by forcing them to repurchase all the new versions of old ships (ships they have multiple copies of) or they will be missing all the new upgrades.

Are existing templates still going to be usable?

From what I could see they are the same size but just have a line down the middle to help when bumping.

Will I finally be able to use my epic ship as my obstacles in tournament play? ?

Will the new squad builder have a machine readable output (a la https://github.com/elistevens/xws-spec ) to enable software exchange of squads and recording of tournament results (a la List Juggler/metawing)?

There is a lot of streamlining to pare the game back to its glorious basics; While I loved the sight of those Huge ships on the table, I always finished my games feeling like the Epic ships eroded away at what makes X-wing so great.

Will Epic format receive revision, and if so, how will Epic ships be simplified to speed up play?

If I want to use all my stuff will it cost me nearly $300? For which i'll get a ton of cardboard and three ships I don't need?

That comprises 5 upgrade packs and the core set (the three ships I don't need).

There appears to be upgrades in the packs for only 3 A-wings, 2 B-wings, 2 X-wings, 2 Y-wings, 4 Z95 for Rebels (I have more than that and more can fit in a squad). So it seems I need 2!

There seems to be only stuff for 2 alpha wings, 2 TIE Adv, 2 TIE def, 4 TIE Fighters in the Imperial pack (once again I have more and more can fit in a squad). Another 2 upgrade packs?

I also have a small amount of scum, so another upgrade pack for that.

Plus a core set with the three ships I don't need.

Really $300 to switch to 2nd edition? Is there any incentive for me to do that? Maybe I'll wait to buy dumped ships on ebay and play 1st edition? :)

2 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

We are getting conflicting information between different sources on this, would you be able to clarify the following?

When an existing ship that is not in the wave 1 re-release group is re-released (Using the Decimator or Defender as an example) will the re-release boxes contain upgrades or pilots that are not found in the conversion kits?

This.

Edit: Will probably make or break me going into 2nd.

Edited by Jingizu
Clarification