Share Your Questions About X-Wing™ Second Edition Here

By Lomiat, in X-Wing

Crickey, it does!

Sorry if I do a double-posting here or missed the topic somewhere else. But I would like to ask, if X-Wing is going to get any kind of Campaigns or story-based Missions? Imperial Assaul, Legion and even Armada have got some kind of campaign-expansions. I think X-Wing has so much potential - even more since edition 2.0. So why don't we get something to really play Star Wars?

In Edition 1.0 my friends and I were great fans of the Heroes of the Aturi Cluster fan-made Campaign. Why hasn't FFG done anything in this direction?

I do love the Mission-Scenarios that come with the new Epic-Format as well as the flexible Terrain-Settings. But many casual X-Wing-Players I know are waiting for more storylines and mission-content to dive deeper into the fantastic game of Star Wars X-Wing. Please FFG, do something for the casual gamers who don't rely on tournament play in the first place.

While not exactly what you're looking for, the card packs will come with environment cards that add a little extra flavor to games. I've also been slightly tweaking the scenarios that came with the original release of large base ships

On 1/16/2020 at 1:04 AM, Rizzor said:

I would like to ask, if X-Wing is going to get any kind of Campaigns or story-based Missions?

On one of the streams, the FFG guys -- without directly confirming, because they're not supposed to -- strongly implied that such a product was on the way.

Current Rules references states the following:

Q: Can Cikatro Vizago [crew] exchange an Illicit upgrade card onto a ship that could not normally equip it (such as equipping a Stealth Device to a Z-95 Headhunter and then exchanging it with a Rigged Cargo Chute on a YV-666)?
A: No. Cikatro Vizago cannot move the Rigged Cargo Chute to the Z-95 due to the Z-95 not meeting the “Medium or large ship” restriction on Rigged Cargo Chute, as described in Upgrade Cards .

Why is Amilyn Holdo [crew] allowed to move a cloak token (from a Fireball equipped with Cloaking Device in the Illicit Slot) to large bases like the YT1300 and StarFortress, it is exactly the same end resultat? (even easier achieved then in the Cikatro case).

Edited by Managarmr
Spellling
11 hours ago, Managarmr said:

Current Rules references states the following:

Q: Can Cikatro Vizago [crew] exchange an Illicit upgrade card onto a ship that could not normally equip it (such as equipping a Stealth Device to a Z-95 Headhunter and then exchanging it with a Rigged Cargo Chute on a YV-666)?
A: No. Cikatro Vizago cannot move the Rigged Cargo Chute to the Z-95 due to the Z-95 not meeting the “Medium or large ship” restriction on Rigged Cargo Chute, as described in Upgrade Cards .

Why is Amilyn Holdo [crew] allowed to move a cloak token (from a Fireball med Cloaking Device in the Illicit Slot) to large bases like the YT1300 and StarFortress, it is exactly the same end resultat? (even easier achieved then in the Cikatro case).

Amilyn Holdo can also move a cloak token to a Huge Ship which is the reason I believe that Cikatro had been errata'd. How would a huge ship decloak?

51 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

Amilyn Holdo can also move a cloak token to a Huge Ship which is the reason I believe that Cikatro had been errata'd. How would a huge ship decloak?

It stays still. Though the following specifies "another card's effect", since it mentions Decloak, which is not a card effect but is the effect of spending the Cloak token, it applies to token effects that cause repositions as well (IE a Huge Ship gaining 6 tractor tokens and becoming tractored, though that is also covered on in the Tractor section on page 37).

RR v110, page 36 "Move and Rotate Effects":

" “MOVE” AND “ROTATE” EFFECTS
If another card’s effect instructs a huge ship to move or rotate its base a
number of degrees, it does not move or rotate its base. Such effects include:
• Barrel Roll
• Boost
• Cloak/Decloak
• SLAM
• Any effect that calls for a base rotation (e.g. “rotate your base 90˚” or
“rotate your base 180˚”) to occur."

It is probably a better idea for Holdo to transfer the Cloak token to another ship if able, keeping it available for later, though.

Edited by Hiemfire

Sorry, posted to wrong thread.

Edited by Spinland