Share Your Questions About X-Wing™ Second Edition Here

By Lomiat, in X-Wing

Will there be a charge for the app or can you download for free? As it is stated to be necessary to play.

As FFG is now producing card packs is there a chance later on down the road that new pilot cards could be produced for old ships? Such as a rebel Soontier Fel or an imperial Tycho Celchu.

Will the old manuever dial upgrade kits fit the new dials?

Edited by Kilrex

What will happen to the alt art cards that many of us have earned over the years. Are they completely worthless now? Tokens etc are they still valid. Asking for a friend :)

How are the YT-1300, YT-2400, JM5K, B/17, Decimator, etc effected by the mobile firing arc change and are all of them changed to the same type of mobile firing?

Just now, Zorprime said:

How are the YT-1300, YT-2400, JM5K, B/17, Decimator, etc effected by the mobile firing arc change and are all of them changed to the same type of mobile firing?

They've said that anything with a primary 360 will have a 'double' arc. So either front and back or side to side, depending on where you've rotated it.

Turret upgrades (like TLT) will give you one arc that you move around, like the Mobile Arc currently.

Why is this a thing? Why does this feel like a poorly masked money grab?

Edited by ONIMITCHELL69
Because I can

Casual, Epic and cinematic play often use a huge amount of Ties and X-wings. To be able to use my existing collection of TIEs I would need 3 imperial conversion kits and 2 rebel kits for my 4 x-wings. Are there any other way of acquiring dials and baseplates for these apart from full conversion kits?

4 minutes ago, GilmoreDK said:

Casual, Epic and cinematic play often use a huge amount of Ties and X-wings. To be able to use my existing collection of TIEs I would need 3 imperial conversion kits and 2 rebel kits for my 4 x-wings. Are there any other way of acquiring dials and baseplates for these apart from full conversion kits?

So far only the kits. But they really aren't doing any of this for Epic yet. Epic comes later. If you ONLY/mostly play Epic, I'd just wait and play 1st till they get it properly sorted.

They needed to get the 'pick up and play' and 100/6 Vets sorted first as that's where they make their money and what they run the most events for.

Will the conversion kit include medium bases fpr the U-Wing, Slave 1 etc?

For those of us who own all the things would you be willing to relase a discounted bundle of all the conversion kits? It's probably too late to do that production side but maybe could be done through distributors and lgs to bundle them at least in a set of 3 at a discount.

Edited by PK421
Spelling

Why is this game suddenly app specific? Will there be a squad builder useable that doesn’t require a smart phone?

How will what used to be PS and is now Initiative clashes be resolved?

12 minutes ago, SunDancerGE said:

Will the conversion kit include medium bases fpr the U-Wing, Slave 1 etc?

While all kits will include medium bases, the only ships changing size are small ships becoming medium ships; Specifically, the K-wing, ARC-170, Tie Punisher, Scurrg, Mist Hunter, and Kimogila. Source: The FAQ on the Product Page.

as someone who does not own a smartphone, is there a way I'll be able to participate in v.2 events?

1 minute ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Why is this game suddenly app specific? Will there be a squad builder useable that doesn’t require a smart  phone?

I think they said they would relase a PC app. Probably through steam since that's what they currently use.

4 minutes ago, Squark said:

While all kits will include medium bases, the only ships changing size are small ships becoming medium ships; Specifically, the K-wing, ARC-170, Tie Punisher, Scurrg, Mist Hunter, and Kimogila. Source: The FAQ on the Product Page.

Nope, the Firespray is going medium too. Possibly also the Punishing One?

Would you do an AMA about 2.0 on Reddit?

4 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Nope, the Firespray is going medium too. Possibly also the Punishing One?

"For Scum and Villainy, the G1-A Starfighter, M12-L Kimogila Fighter, and Scurrg H-6 Bomber have all been converted to medium-based ships for second edition."

... On the other hand one image of the Firespray baseplate does seem smaller than the Lancer baseplate. Curious.

Just now, Squark said:

"For Scum and Villainy, the G1-A Starfighter, M12-L Kimogila Fighter, and Scurrg H-6 Bomber have all been converted to medium-based ships for second edition."

... On the other hand one image of the Firespray baseplate does seem smaller than the Lancer baseplate. Curious.

FFG of notorious at putting the wrong information on their articles.

Does SAW's Renegades have content that won't be in the Rebel upgrade kit?

5 minutes ago, Squark said:

It was specifically stated to be medium base in the announcement stream.

1 minute ago, Zorprime said:

We're assuming so at this point. The Reaper isn't in the Imp kit at all.

10 minutes ago, Zorprime said:

8 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

It was specifically stated to be medium base in the announcement stream.

We're assuming so at this point. The Reaper isn't in the Imp kit at all.

It says on the preview page for empire and rebels 2.0 that wave 14 will be a dual wave. It will contain both 1.0 and 2.0 stuff.

Hope you can print out from the APP somehow ... always found being able to print my squads from the 3rd party squad builders really useful.

2 hours ago, AwesomeJedi said:

Do I need to buy a new core set if I am not new to the game therefore I only need to buy conversion kits?

Or do I need to buy a new core set and conversion kits?

You need everything. Collectors and competitive players can count on shelling out around $300 to convert. The other issue is the model price hike. 30% price increase on small ships.

Edited by urloony