Share Your Questions About X-Wing™ Second Edition Here

By Lomiat, in X-Wing

Can we use dials from other factions if they have the same maneuvers like we could in 1.0? Like use the scum y-wing dial for a rebel list?

1 hour ago, poke450 said:

Can we use dials from other factions if they have the same maneuvers like we could in 1.0? Like use the scum y-wing dial for a rebel list?

So far as I've seen, a ship's dial doesn't change with faction (in any case where it does, then the ship name & stats change too e.g. modified YT-1300 vs custom YT-1300). I'm sure there's no problem with using the wrong color of dial, same with using a scum-painted Z-95 in a rebel list. As long as your pilot, baseplate, upgrades, etc (all the things that matter) are correct for the faction, no problem.

Are the dice of 2.0 the same as the dice of 1.0?

Or do we need new dice?

The dice are identical

20 minutes ago, DanL2 said:

Are the dice of 2.0 the same as the dice of 1.0?

Or do we need new dice?

If someone else knows for sure they should chime in but I think they’re *slightly* different. I looked at them side by side with my old ones and it looked like the orientation was different.

Is the app for 2.0 available? Release day is today right?

Questions about the squad builder:

Is there a way in the builder to view a ship's maneuver chart? That would help a lot when building a fleet, selecting whether to equip upgrades like Nien Nunb, etc.

The page is a bit too tall for my screen. There's a fat frame above and below the pilot list that takes up tons of space, which means I have to awkwardly scroll separate frames up and down to see my points total, pilots lower down, etc... I assume they will be tweaking it to fit on a 1920x1080 monitor better?

Something I've immediately noticed is it's laborious to switch pilots on a ship -- basically it comes down to deleting the old ship, adding the other pilot I want to try, and re-adding all those upgrades. I know that "Yet Another" did a great job of this, simply stripping upgrades that were no longer valid. It makes bouncing between pilot possibilities way easier when I'm trying to fine-tune a squad. Could that be added?

Will they add multiple tabs (in the site itself or in the browser) so I can work on several fleets at a time? Right now opening a separate browser tab remembers the old fleet, and I worry that wiping that and creating a separate fleet will just make it go crazy as the two conflict with each change I make.

Overall it's a nice start, btw. I'm happy to see the app out!

for those of us who pre ordered from our FLGS due to being promised a promo damage deck, and didn't get one, when will those promises be fulfilled?

This could be silly but I have yet to see anywhere for 2.0 that states large ships still use the long side of the template for barrel rolls.

The bigger question I have is whether Medium ships follow large or small barrel roll protocols.

14 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

This could be silly but I have yet to see anywhere for 2.0 that states large ships still use the long side of the template for barrel rolls.

The bigger question I have is whether Medium ships follow large or small barrel roll protocols.

They still do, and mediums do like larges.

Read the section on how to do a roll carefully though. How the templates align has changed and it is particularly relevant for mediums.

Its on page 5 of the online rules reference, under “barrel rolls”.

Edited by Forgottenlore

Gosh that makes a difference. I had forgotten about the Rules Reference entirely, so I was flipping through the rulebook last night when we were trying to play for the first time.

@FFG: The squad builder website lists Manaroo (for example) as 54 points, but it's still 56 points in the points PDF files. Is this a mistake or is the squad builder just ahead of those documents (and they're awaiting updates)?

This affected whether a squad I'm building is over-costed, but it also matters for the wiki I manage. If point costs are changing, I'd love to see those changes reflected in the PDFs because that's the easiest way for us to go through the wiki and update things for visitors. :)

Thank you!

Question on the wiki that I couldn't answer, and I've been wondering about it as well:

When a card like Supernatural Reflexes grants an action, if the ship's card links that action to another action, does that free action allow linking?

Example: Ezra (attack shuttle) spends a force to perform a free barrel roll action with Supernatural Reflexes. Can he then link that into a red evade action?

20 hours ago, Wazat said:

Question on the wiki that I couldn't answer, and I've been wondering about it as well:

When a card like Supernatural Reflexes grants an action, if the ship's card links that action to another action, does that free action allow linking?

Example: Ezra (attack shuttle) spends a force to perform a free barrel roll action with Supernatural Reflexes. Can he then link that into a red evade action?

Rules Reference under “Linked Action” answers this question, and surprisingly yes, you can link actions off of that action regardless of where you perform it from.

5 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Rules Reference under “Linked Action” answers this question, and surprisingly yes, you can link actions off of that action regardless of where you perform it from.

I must have breezed right past that. Thank you!

There are some bombs and mines listed in conversion kits, there are from 1st edition and are useable also in 2nd.

How about asteroids? Are all 1st-edition asteroids useable also in 2nd?

59 minutes ago, alkemist said:

There are some bombs and mines listed in conversion kits, there are from 1st edition and are useable also in 2nd.

How about asteroids? Are all 1st-edition asteroids useable also in 2nd?

Yes, all obstacles are usable in 2e.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:20 AM, thespaceinvader said:

Yes, all obstacles are usable in 2e.

reference?

when will the iOS app be updated with the corrections?

Hey FFG, let's talk Han Solo (Rebel Gunner) on a single-turret ship (HWK without title, so it has no other weapons), flying alongside Airen Cracken. Someone on the wiki said they work well together because, for example, Jan Ors could shoot left at init 7 thanks to Han, then Airen could shoot and grant Jan a Rotate action to the back arc, and then Jan shoots the back arc.

I wanted to tell them that doesn't work because it's the same turret (Han says you can't use the same [turret icon] again this round), but going over the wording and blasted iconography, I'm not so sure. I wonder if it means the Turret as in the "turret weapon", or Turret Arc as in "turret pointing left". I don't know how clear that is in the rules. I'm trying to parse through it, but the use of the TURRET icon seems like it could mean "a turret weapon" or "a turret arc direction" and it's not clear.

I'm leaning toward the icon on the card meaning "turret weapon" not "arc where the turret is pointing". That would still allow firing from both ends of a double turret, because it counts as two separate turrets with one indicator arc. But simply rotating a single turret wouldn't get around Han's restriction.

And I'm probably over-thinking it to allow the combo; I don't like telling people they're wrong about the rules if I'm not certain. A ruling to clearly distinguish would help a lot.

27 minutes ago, Wazat said:

Hey FFG, let's talk Han Solo (Rebel Gunner) on a single-turret ship (HWK without title, so it has no other weapons), flying alongside Airen Cracken. Someone on the wiki said they work well together because, for example, Jan Ors could shoot left at init 7 thanks to Han, then Airen could shoot and grant Jan a Rotate action to the back arc, and then Jan shoots the back arc.

I wanted to tell them that doesn't work because it's the same turret (Han says you can't use the same [turret icon] again this round), but going over the wording and blasted iconography, I'm not so sure. I wonder if it means the Turret as in the "turret weapon", or Turret Arc as in "turret pointing left". I don't know how clear that is in the rules. I'm trying to parse through it, but the use of the TURRET icon seems like it could mean "a turret weapon" or "a turret arc direction" and it's not clear.

I'm leaning toward the icon on the card meaning "turret weapon" not "arc where the turret is pointing". That would still allow firing from both ends of a double turret, because it counts as two separate turrets with one indicator arc. But simply rotating a single turret wouldn't get around Han's restriction.

And I'm probably over-thinking it to allow the combo; I don't like telling people they're wrong about the rules if I'm not certain. A ruling to clearly distinguish would help a lot.

Other than the example chassis (HWK doesn't have a gunnner slot) this is almost the exact same argument as is going on over Vet. Turret Gunner. Clarification on what the icon means would be really nice. Is it just turret arc? Does it mean turret arc or turret depending on the context? If context based, how is the difference indicated?

Another Gunner Han(Rebel) and Veteran Turret Gunner question. Does attacking out of a standard arc (via Han's init 7 shot or a fixed arc primary attack triggering Vet Turret Gunner) with an over lapping turret arc lock out other attacks from that arc due to the standard arc being considered both a turret and standard arc?

Could we get the bomb reference sheet from the conversion kit or page twenty of the rules reference as its own separate download in the support section?

Do dual-sided cards apply when equipped, or only when the ship is placed (like in first edition)? I don't know how to answer the question someone asked about whether a T-65 (like Kullbee) can equip Servomotor S-Foils (closed) and then equip Daredevil. I searched the Rules Reference but didn't see anything about dual-sided cards, so the natural conclusion is it's fine to equip Daredevil -- S-Foils have given you Boost. But that may just be an oversight.

4 minutes ago, Wazat said:

Do dual-sided cards apply when equipped, or only when the ship is placed (like in first edition)? I don't know how to answer the question someone asked about whether a T-65 (like Kullbee) can equip Servomotor S-Foils (closed) and then equip Daredevil. I searched the Rules Reference but didn't see anything about dual-sided cards, so the natural conclusion is it's fine to equip Daredevil -- S-Foils have given you Boost. But that may just be an oversight.

As of right now it’s legal in the app, so.