Share Your Questions About X-Wing™ Second Edition Here

By Lomiat, in X-Wing

Just now, Boba Rick said:

How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?

Only on Hawaiian pizza.

Will Second Edition Epic get any sort of boarding action? With the sudden emphasis on U-Wing and TIE Reaper troop transports, this feels like a fantastic opportunity. To a lesser extent, I could see the Lambda, TIE Shuttle, Phantom I & II, and HWK getting in on this.

Also, I mostly play X-Wing casually with friends and we like to use custom cards of our characters from The Roleplaying Game. Will the app ever support uploading custom cards or, dare I imagine, creating custom cards?

When we make a list in the new app, can we print it out so we don't have to use pens or pencils and stuff?

Why don't we have flying cars yet?

On 5/2/2018 at 2:16 PM, Desslok said:

Taking the point totals off the cards and forcing people to be tied to the internet seems stupid to me. As a supplimental thing? Sure - that's fantastic. Making it mandatory? That sucks.

Will there be a way to efficiently print out a list of all the cards' point costs and pilots' upgrades? That could be useful.

Will the conversion kits come with movement templates, dice, and/or medium ship bases (the actual plastic base)?

2 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Will there be a way to efficiently print out a list of all the cards' point costs and pilots' upgrades? That could be useful.

There will be a PDF.

On 5/1/2018 at 2:30 PM, ffgjosh said:
  • This thread is not a place for community discussion of the questions. If you want to answer a fellow community member’s question, you must start a new thread.

In case people have forgotten or can't bother to read the OP, please stop cluttering this thread with posts other than questions. They're going to have to dig through all the pages on this thread and find questions that are now getting buried among too many posts that aren't questions.

4 hours ago, Daedalus said:

In case people have forgotten or can't bother to read the OP, please stop cluttering this thread with posts other than questions. They're going to have to dig through all the pages on this thread and find questions that are now getting buried among too many posts that aren't questions.

I agree!

Worthless posts in this thread are definitely an unfortunate use of resources and opportunity.

I was trying to find a word for "an unfortunate use of resources and opportunity," but I couldn't.

I wanted to sound clever and smart, I think.

Oh well.

14 hours ago, SilverHawk7 said:

Will the conversion kits come with movement templates, dice, and/or medium ship bases (the actual plastic base)?

No templates, no dice, 2 medium bases for imperial, 4 each for rebel and scum.

Will the royal guard Interceptor pilots (generic, Carnor Jax, Kir Kanos, maybe someone I haven't identified) still be a thing or can I repaint my red Interceptor to standard colours without regrets? Uniform swarms would be nice.

In the app will there be a way to make dank memes off of the card images?

Have the size or dimensions of the actual movement templates changed at all? Also, did Rexler get nerfed?

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Have the size or dimensions of the actual movement templates changed at all? Also, did Rexler get nerfed?

Templates are the same size, just got the added center lines (and hashes in the middle of the sides of speed 1)

What is the largest number of TIE Fighter Academy pilots that can be fielded in 2.0? Is it still 8?

1 hour ago, Shockley said:

What is the largest number of TIE Fighter Academy pilots that can be fielded in 2.0? Is it still 8?

Yes. Developers said academy tie is 24 points. That’s also the base value for 1 threat level

Another question:

If you have a linked action, say a Red Barrel Roll, and you equip Expert Handling does the linked action become white?

57 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Another question:

If you have a linked action, say a Red Barrel Roll, and you equip Expert Handling does the linked action become white?

Nope. expert Handling, engine upgrade, etc don't say they make your actions white. They require the ction to be on your bar (presumably red) and add the white action to your bar. So you basically have a red barrel roll and a white barrel roll.

Do I have to rebuy everything to play 2.0?

Are reprints going to be legal to use in competition?

Can their be more factions added, lots of characters in scum and villainy really belong in their own faction, like the Zann Consortium?

26 minutes ago, Black Knight Leader said:

Do I have to rebuy everything to play 2.0?

Everything but models.

26 minutes ago, Black Knight Leader said:

Are reprints going to be legal to use in competition?

Reprints like just printing off components? Not for anything official.

I get that points are not printed on the cards, but what about upgrades? How is it determined what upgrades can be used?

1 hour ago, Ccwebb said:

I get that points are not printed on the cards, but what about upgrades? How is it determined what upgrades can be used?

Same as points, its in the app/website/pdf

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:50 AM, Boba Rick said:

I was trying to find a word for "an unfortunate use of resources and opportunity," but I couldn't.

I wanted to sound clever and smart, I think.

Oh well.

The word you're looking for is: boondoggle.

It's a real word, I accuse my children of it all the time.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:49 AM, Boba Rick said:

Worthless posts in this thread are...

a boondoggle.

This is the benefit of a classical education.

I have read through most of these questions (for those that actually asked questions) ...

For those of you who have paid attention to this thread, *** AND *** have watched the video from the 05-18-2018 reveal, how many of the questions posted here were actually addressed?

25%? 50%?

Just curious as to how actively the devs are reading this thread and then actually answering the questions.

As in, is it worth posting new questions?

On 5/9/2018 at 2:43 PM, Boba Rick said:

Since bread is square, then why is sandwich meat round?

https://goo.gl/images/pmFe7d

Edited by USCGrad90