Share Your Questions About X-Wing™ Second Edition Here

By Lomiat, in X-Wing

17 hours ago, GLEXOR said:

You will get nine ship tokens in the conversion, and six in the core set, the only rebel component you will be using is the dial, and two of your pilots will have to be something other than academy pilots, probably obsidians.

That's fair, won't be able to run all academies but that may be enough for some

Ok, another question, I've seen this kicking around the internet but haven't seen an answer, sorry if it's already been answered. The conversion kits come with pilots for all the ships and upgrade cards for all the kits but are these pilots and upgrades the same as what you would get if you bought the ships new in 2.0 blisters? I've heard they may contain all the pilots and upgrades for wave 1 but haven't heard anything about the 're-print' ships in the later waves, just don't want to drop all the money on conversion kits and then have to buy new blisters of the same ships anyway to get new upgrade cards or pilots. Not sure if ffg has directly addressed this.

Ok, another question, I've seen this kicking around the internet but haven't seen an answer, sorry if it's already been answered. The conversion kits come with pilots for all the ships and upgrade cards for all the kits but are these pilots and upgrades the same as what you would get if you bought the ships new in 2.0 blisters? I've heard they may contain all the pilots and upgrades for wave 1 but haven't heard anything about the 're-print' ships in the later waves, just don't want to drop all the money on conversion kits and then have to buy new blisters of the same ships anyway to get new upgrade cards or pilots. Not sure if ffg has directly addressed this.

FFG said something about new card being available in a way that you wouldn't have to buy a new model for re released ships but didn't have specifics yet.

Will Major Vynder be in 2.0 and still have the same absurdly fun yet surprisingly balanced action economy? How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?

I hope it's okay that I asked two questions.

3 hours ago, PanchoX1 said:

FFG said something about new card being available in a way that you wouldn't have to buy a new model for re released ships but didn't have specifics yet.

Ok well that's something anyway, hopefully they'll release more answers as time goes on

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:43 AM, Boba Rick said:

Why are there no B batteries?

625218388_b-sizedbatteries.png.6210aeda940150a7d274fcbed62d52f4.png Just not common. I believe you can get them from Bunnings (or Aldi - probably between the microwave and the hedge-clippers).

Could you please tell us whether or not the 1.0 dial upgrade kits are the same size as the 2.0 dial upgrade kits, and that the 1.0 kits will work with the 2.0 dials.

We have not had direct confirmation of this and that vagueness has us worried.

Please and thanks.

Are the rules about third-party acrylics going to stay the same and how many chickens would it take to kill an elephant?

Just now, Boba Rick said:

how many chickens would it take to kill an elephant?

Depends on if it eats them raw, or eats the bones.

1 hour ago, DXCrazytrain said:

Could you please tell us whether or not the 1.0 dial upgrade kits are the same size as the 2.0 dial upgrade kits, and that the 1.0 kits will work with the 2.0 dials.

We have not had direct confirmation of this and that vagueness has us worried.

Please and thanks.

It was confirmed on the original stream that the 2e dials will fit into the 1e dial upgrades. The cardboard with the dial itself is the same size, I believe, it just has a larger backer.

On 5/9/2018 at 7:32 PM, Forgottenlore said:

Ok BR. This is the one thread that FFG is especially paying attention to try and get a gauge on what else they need to cover in articles leading up to GenCon. This is not an appropriate thread for jokes. You are actively making it less likely that FFG will be able to address our concerns and make a better product. Please stop.

I'm going to laugh my butt off when FFG responds to this thread with an official "FAQ: The Boba Rick Edition" and answers all of his questions.

2 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

It was confirmed on the original stream that the 2e dials will fit into the 1e dial upgrades. The cardboard with the dial itself is the same size, I believe, it just has a larger backer.

Thanks. I take it you mean the stream of the hyperspace report?

Unsure if this has be asked yet, but as for Factions, as it seems that now we have 5, will we still be able to have faction cross overs? IE Resistance ships with Rebel ships etc...the dreaded Rey and Norra.

7 minutes ago, SwordOwaR said:

Unsure if this has be asked yet, but as for Factions, as it seems that now we have 5, will we still be able to have faction cross overs? IE Resistance ships with Rebel ships etc...the dreaded Rey and Norra.

Probably not. it's really kind of an unknown but pretty much a given. Expect the answer to be 'No'

I saw that my dear beloved Norra is in a Y-Wing now, will she still be in an ARC-170 as well?

Also, if you were wrongfully put into an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane and not just pretending to be sane?

I hope Norra gets back into an ARC also!

It's hard when the people in charge are thought to be sane but in reality are insane.

2 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

Also, if you were wrongfully put into an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane and not just pretending to be sane?

Aren't we all just pretending to be sane?

13 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

Are the rules about third-party acrylics going to stay the same and how many chickens would it take to kill an elephant?

Yes, I would like to be able to continue using my acrylic templates and range rulers too! That and are you talking about live chickens or frozen ones launched out of the Mythbusters chicken cannon?

Why are there no promo damage decks in the early pre-order conversion kits? Would have been exceptionally nice to have an X-wing, a TIE l/n and a Kihraxz or Fang damage deck in the respective faction conversions. Plus, that would make it easier for people playing at home, needing several damage decks for their children,

AND especially for Scum only players. They need to buy a core, having absolutely no use of the Xwing and the TIEs. They are really screwed.

Btw, you know, train and plane windscreen testing procedures includes shooting a frozen 900g bird at 300km/h into the glass pane. So that's not a mythbuster exclusive, but established procedure.

The following is on the paper inlet of the 1.0 expacs. "The table below lists all possible maneuvers that a <ship name> can execute. Keep this sheet on hand so that players can reference this table at any time "

These sheets are no longer correct for several ships, as dials are changed. Thus they can no longer be used.

Is there going to be a reference table with all ships' maneuvers included in the conversion packs?

Lot of ships are changing, would be nice to have an overview provided by FFG in the pack, to be used in play.

[Edit addendum]: Or at least a printable pdf from FFG? Not everyone has all the ships, or can remember some 40 dials.

Edited by Managarmr
addendum

Quick question that I did not see; Are the conversion kits going to be a limited release? What I mean is are they only being printed once and once gone, that’s it, or will the be availiable for several years at least?

Will der be a generic ARC-170 pilot? and can I field four of them in one list?

will the list builder data be harvestable by 3rd party sites like meta-wing, or would we still need to rely on list juggler?

And will there be a beta of the app released before?

Can I get the promo damage deck by pre-ordering through Miniature Market?

How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?