Share Your Questions About X-Wing™ Second Edition Here

By Lomiat, in X-Wing

15 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

Read the OP

I hate the official answer to this. :-( I want them to answer here!!

Since bread is square, then why is sandwich meat round?

Ok, so I'm a long time player and supporter of x-wing but I have some concerns about 2nd edition in general, not necessarily the game, it looks good, mostly with the price point which is quite high but additionally the numbers of conversions for ships in the conversion kit, as many have mentioned, do not line up with current numbers of ships that are played in games (or people tend to have in their collections) at least not always (only 4 TIE fighters, only 2 Tie Defenders and 3 Decimators???) Now I've heard some people argue that this is because you will only be able to field 2 Tie Defenders and could field 3 Decimators in a list, now even if it were the case that the prices for those two ships were drastically different to that extent, that would still not explain the numbers, quite a few people have 3 defenders as triple defenders was and still is a fairly large list, conversely even if you can now field 3 decimators in a list who has 3 decimators from 1.0 to convert??? I don't know if I know someone who owns 2 decimators though I'm sure there are some who do. This means that there will be a glut of extra decimator dials and cards and potentially not enough defenders or fighters. So either 1-this is a miss-print and the actual numbers are slightly different (hopefully), 2-ffg didn't think of this (maybe but unlikely), 3-It's an attempt to get veteran players or people interested in tournaments to get a 2nd conversion kit... if it's any of the above, please fix some of the ship numbers or let people know why you chose these numbers as I know myself and others are kind of put off by this kind of thing when we are already being asked to pay out several hundred dollars to be able to use the ships we already paid hundreds of dollars for in the first place. Fixing the small problems like these might help to stem the somewhat negative part of the response to 2.0 that I've been hearing all over Facebook, at my local store and even in these forums.

Just now, agenttherock said:

Ok, so I'm a long time player and supporter of x-wing but I have some concerns about 2nd edition in general, not necessarily the game, it looks good, mostly with the price point which is quite high but additionally the numbers of conversions for ships in the conversion kit, as many have mentioned, do not line up with current numbers of ships that are played in games (or people tend to have in their collections) at least not always (only 4 TIE fighters, only 2 Tie Defenders and 3 Decimators???) Now I've heard some people argue that this is because you will only be able to field 2 Tie Defenders and could field 3 Decimators in a list, now even if it were the case that the prices for those two ships were drastically different to that extent, that would still not explain the numbers, quite a few people have 3 defenders as triple defenders was and still is a fairly large list, conversely even if you can now field 3 decimators in a list who has 3 decimators from 1.0 to convert??? I don't know if I know someone who owns 2 decimators though I'm sure there are some who do. This means that there will be a glut of extra decimator dials and cards and potentially not enough defenders or fighters. So either 1-this is a miss-print and the actual numbers are slightly different (hopefully), 2-ffg didn't think of this (maybe but unlikely), 3-It's an attempt to get veteran players or people interested in tournaments to get a 2nd conversion kit... if it's any of the above, please fix some of the ship numbers or let people know why you chose these numbers as I know myself and others are kind of put off by this kind of thing when we are already being asked to pay out several hundred dollars to be able to use the ships we already paid hundreds of dollars for in the first place. Fixing the small problems like these might help to stem the somewhat negative part of the response to 2.0 that I've been hearing all over Facebook, at my local store and even in these forums.

Miss-print, they edited it to two Decimators and three gunboats. On the note of Tie/lns, you get 4 from conversion, two from new core (mandatory), and if you also play rebels, you get two from rebel conversion. total: 8

Are eyebrows considered facial hair?

28 minutes ago, agenttherock said:

Ok, so I'm a long time player and supporter of x-wing but I have some concerns about 2nd edition in general, not necessarily the game, it looks good, mostly with the price point which is quite high but additionally the numbers of conversions for ships in the conversion kit, as many have mentioned, do not line up with current numbers of ships that are played in games (or people tend to have in their collections) at least not always (only 4 TIE fighters, only 2 Tie Defenders and 3 Decimators???)

If you look at meta-wing they fit the current numbers of ships that are *played* just fine (except the auzituck). No, you can't fly 3 defendres, but you have to a long way down the archetype list to find that list. The only other squad on the archetype list you can't fly right now that I recall is 3-4 scurrgs.

And as GLEXOR said, you can run 6 ties with a kit and a core set, you can run 4 x-wings with a kit, a core set and saw's renegades

Anyone know if the conversion kits include items from the original 2 core boxes?

3 minutes ago, dkeith2011 said:

Anyone know if the conversion kits include items from the original 2 core boxes?

What items?

It has a new damage deck, new templates (with the line down the center). Dice dont' change, and it has 3 asteroids and 3 debris from the ones available in first edition.

Sorry, I meant the pilots and any upgrade cards.

29 minutes ago, dkeith2011 said:

Sorry, I meant the pilots and any upgrade cards.

It won't include any from the TFA core set (since FO and resistance are new factions), but probalby has new versions of any of hte rebel and imperial cards that made their way into second edition. We know it has luke and R2D2

1 hour ago, GLEXOR said:

Miss-print, they edited it to two Decimators and three gunboats. On the note of Tie/lns, you get 4 from conversion, two from new core (mandatory), and if you also play rebels, you get two from rebel conversion. total: 8

Thanks GLEXOR, I guess I'm behind on the news, that makes a lot more sense. Is it confirmed that you can fly those rebel tie fighters as imperial with what's in those sets? wouldn't you be missing baseplates and pilot cards, at least if running them as a swarm?

1 hour ago, VanderLegion said:

If you look at meta-wing they fit the current numbers of ships that are *played* just fine (except the auzituck). No, you can't fly 3 defendres, but you have to a long way down the archetype list to find that list. The only other squad on the archetype list you can't fly right now that I recall is 3-4 scurrgs.

And as GLEXOR said, you can run 6 ties with a kit and a core set, you can run 4 x-wings with a kit, a core set and saw's renegades

Well I'd have to think the meta will be significantly different from the current lists in the meta since they're changing so much about the ships/upgrades, I would think 2.0 will have its own meta, I was more concerned about what ships people had in their collections for converting but I can see how the played part may have come across like that, I was trying to say that people would *own* 3 Defenders because triple defenders was at one point a thing and for all we know they could be a thing when the 2.0 meta becomes a thing, I suppose the same could be said for other ships that are/were in the meta for numbers of ships that people bought and now own but defenders was what jumped out to me because most of the imperial players I know own 3 from back in the day and it seemed very strange in contrast to the number of decimators, obviously now that the numbers have been fixed ffg's decision makes a lot more sense.

Edited by agenttherock
19 hours ago, GLEXOR said:

swz07_a1_empire_spread.png

Look through the little hole in the medium base.

I will not look through your hole for information .......

If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be?

On 5/8/2018 at 6:24 PM, Boba Rick said:

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

7 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

No. Obviously.

7 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

Why are there no B batteries?

4 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

1 hour ago, Boba Rick said:

Are eyebrows considered facial hair?

25 minutes ago, Boba Rick said:

If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be?

Ok BR. This is the one thread that FFG is especially paying attention to try and get a gauge on what else they need to cover in articles leading up to GenCon. This is not an appropriate thread for jokes. You are actively making it less likely that FFG will be able to address our concerns and make a better product. Please stop.

51 minutes ago, agenttherock said:

Thanks GLEXOR, I guess I'm behind on the news, that makes a lot more sense. Is it confirmed that you can fly those rebel tie fighters as imperial with what's in those sets? wouldn't you be missing baseplates and pilot cards, at least if running them as a swarm?

Well I'd have to think the meta will be significantly different from the current lists in the meta since they're changing so much about the ships/upgrades, I would think 2.0 will have its own meta, I was more concerned about what ships people had in their collections for converting but I can see how the played part may have come across like that, I was trying to say that people would *own* 3 Defenders because triple defenders was at one point a thing and for all we know they could be a thing when the 2.0 meta becomes a thing, I suppose the same could be said for other ships that are/were in the meta for numbers of ships that people bought and now own but defenders was what jumped out to me because most of the imperial players I know own 3 from back in the day and it seemed very strange in contrast to the number of decimators, obviously now that the numbers have been fixed ffg's decision makes a lot more sense.

You will get nine ship tokens in the conversion, and six in the core set, the only rebel component you will be using is the dial, and two of your pilots will have to be something other than academy pilots, probably obsidians.

7 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

For us who play epic and other styles this doesn’t cut it. With the new core I would have 12 TIEs and only 6 dials if I bought only one conversion kit and one new core.

5 minutes ago, GilmoreDK said:

For us who play epic and other styles this doesn’t cut it. With the new core I would have 12 TIEs and only 6 dials if I bought only one conversion kit and one new core.

Again, the epic conversion is some months down the road. The goal here is to get people able to play the default game without having to buy everything all over again.

If the revised epic rules and kit come out and people still can’t run that many ties, then there might be some cause to complain.

I know this is terribly unfashionable, but I do actually have a question I'd like to be addressed at some point in the next few months:

Is the app going to be accessable offline?

i.e if I'm stuck underground on my way to work (and so without access to the internet) and I have a bright idea for a Worlds winning list, am I going to be able to use the app to build it there and then?

3 hours ago, __underscore__ said:

I know this is terribly unfashionable, but I do actually have a question I'd like to be addressed at some point in the next few months:

Is the app going to be accessable offline?

i.e if I'm stuck underground on my way to work (and so without access to the internet) and I have a bright idea for a Worlds winning list, am I going to be able to use the app to build it there and then?

Ooo, this is a good one.

15 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

Ok BR. This is the one thread that FFG is especially paying attention to try and get a gauge on what else they need to cover in articles leading up to GenCon. This is not an appropriate thread for jokes. You are actively making it less likely that FFG will be able to address our concerns and make a better product. Please stop.

I understand that you feel my questions are less legitimate than yours, and we all have a right to our own feelings and I respect your ability and right to voice your opinion.

What is the best type of cheese?

Edited by Boba Rick

@Forgottenlore , Gees! Take a chill pill! @Boba Rick is keeping things light hearted, and is actually amusing me.

Just now, GLEXOR said:

@Forgottenlore , Gees! Take a chill pill! @Boba Rick is keeping things light hearted, and is actually amusing me.

No, no, no, no, no.

He has every right to say what he wants. Let's not make this anymore than it is other than a difference of opinion between two people that disagree on something instead of agreeing on it.

21 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

image.jpeg.3e67d08cc5762c5b124125c3c7e4b82f.jpeg

32 minutes ago, JasonCole said:

Doesn't count. comes from a loaf just like bread.

1 hour ago, PanchoX1 said:

Doesn't count. comes from a loaf just like bread.

Also much larger than the bread, at least 3/8 inches in every direction.