Share Your Questions About X-Wing™ Second Edition Here

By Lomiat, in X-Wing

I have questions:

1) Will all Linked Actions be the same for all pilots of a ship? Or will some pilots have different Linked Actions than generics? Example: Soontir Fel can do more with a Tie Interceptor than other pilots.

2) Will you consider further expansion kits for common ship types, such as Tie Fighters? Many people have lots of Tie Fighters, but don't want to buy 2-4 expansions to get them all. I know you only have 1 per faction announced now, but I want to know if you will consider it.

Given this:

What is happening with the Resistance and First Order ships from the game’s first edition?

Rather than remain as sub-factions of the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire, the Resistance and the First Order are being expanded into their own fully-fledged factions for X-Wing Second Edition . They will not be included in the Rebel and Imperial conversion kits. Instead, both factions will have their own conversion kits when they are reintroduced to the game during the second wave of expansions.

Does this mean that FO and Resistance ships will no longer mix in squadrons with Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance, respectively?

Will the factions be independent in further releases, or will I still have to buy expansions from different factions to get specific cards usable for my factions?

3 minutes ago, Yearfire said:

Will the factions be independent in further releases, or will I still have to buy expansions from different factions to get specific cards usable for my factions?

In the interview on team covenant he said that their intention is that each faction would be separate and you would not need to buy anything from another faction. So each faction should be self contained, if you are Scum player no more buying imp ships to get certain upgrades etc.

7 minutes ago, Yearfire said:

They stated that you won't have to buy other faction ships just to get upgrades in future products.

19 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

They stated that conversion kits will have all the things in the new blisters.

I know that they said that, but Covenant said otherwise- I just want confirmation.

Are they getting rid of some of the pilot names? Some of us have noticed that Juno Eclipse's old ability is now given to a different pilot. Also I see no evidence of Kath Scarlet, and instead they've introduced a new Firespray pilot. This is a pretty big negative for me since I had a Firespray painted to match her ship (and several other Binayre pirates), so I'd like to know that they will still exist in 2nd Edition.

From what I can make out of the new Boba Fett crew, it allows you to deploy a ship from "hiding" near an obstacle. It seems weird for Boba Fett the pilot to not have this ability, Is there any way for Boba the pilot to gain the Boba Crew ability?

Any (future) plans in regards the Shuttle Tyderium?

Anyone who has purchased 1 of each non-epic expansion should be covered by one conversion kit, but anyone who has also collected epic will not have all of their fighters covered. Will the eventual epic conversion kit(s) include some extra bits for the TIE Advance, TIE/ln, X-wing and Scyk?

How many of the conversion kit cards will be duplicates? I ask because I have an Imperial Firespray as only soon-to-be scum ship. This will not be worth buying a conversion kit for, but I might want to get into scum eventually. However, I doubt anyone would be willing to part with their Boba Fett card from their kit unless they have multiple ones.

1 hour ago, BlodVargarna said:

Where did you learn his and where can I get this groovy new deck?

Apparently you can get it if you preorder the core set - which already has a damage deck in it.

56 minutes ago, JasonCole said:

Given this:

What is happening with the Resistance and First Order ships from the game’s first edition?

Rather than remain as sub-factions of the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire, the Resistance and the First Order are being expanded into their own fully-fledged factions for X-Wing Second Edition . They will not be included in the Rebel and Imperial conversion kits. Instead, both factions will have their own conversion kits when they are reintroduced to the game during the second wave of expansions.

Does this mean that FO and Resistance ships will no longer mix in squadrons with Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance, respectively?

That seems to be correct, yes.

Do we have to buy the core set to play the game? Or can we just buy a conversion kit?

58 minutes ago, Yearfire said:

Davy said they’re going the Legion route where you don’t gotta buy the other factions stuff. But can change in future.

What is "Range 0"?

I would think it was your own ship, but it looks like Ruthlessness reads "another ship at range 0-1".

5 minutes ago, Yearfire said:

What is "Range 0"?

I would think it was your own ship, but it looks like Ruthlessness reads "another ship at range 0-1".

I'd think this clarifies that it must be fully within that range band, formerly "within". 0-1 means that a ship can't be in range 1 and 2 (straddling the range line of 1 to 2, in short). Range 0 would be in contact.

27 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Do we have to buy the core set to play the game? Or can we just buy a conversion kit?

Looks like you need the core set and then several upgrade kits.

Without points and upgrades listed on cards how will we easily know whether or not a list is "legal?" How will the app share squads between players and folks running tourneys?

Are the ship dials significantly larger than the old versions? I'm wondering if they will still fit in my Feldherr foam trays.

Will pegs for large bases fit the new medium bases?

I have some that are magnetized.

2 hours ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Will future expansions have content that is not covered in the conversion kits?

Of course they will. I'd guess starting in wave 3.

A couple questions I haven’t seen answered yet (though they may have been somewhere in here):

Will the 2nd edition blister pack rereleases of the ships in the conversion kits contain upgrades and/or pilot cards that the conversion kits do not? For example, if Shara Bey came as a Y-Wing pilot in the Y-wing blister pack but not in the conversion kit. The articles and interviews all seem to dance around this particular question.

Personally I’m hoping the answer is no- that someone with a bunch of first edition ships and the conversion kit and a person with an identical collection made by purchasing all the 2nd edition blisters will end up with the exact same collection of cards/Pilots, but my wallet fears otherwise.

-Will the T-70 be getting the S-foils treatment (both the physical model and the upgrade card)?

14 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

A couple questions I haven’t seen answered yet (though they may have been somewhere in here):

Will the 2nd edition blister pack rereleases of the ships in the conversion kits contain upgrades and/or pilot cards that the conversion kits do not? For example, if Shara Bey came as a Y-Wing pilot in the Y-wing blister pack but not in the conversion kit. The articles and interviews all seem to dance around this particular question.

Personally I’m hoping the answer is no- that someone with a bunch of first edition ships and the conversion kit and a person with an identical collection made by purchasing all the 2nd edition blisters will end up with the exact same collection of cards/Pilots, but my wallet fears otherwise.

Not in wave 1 and probably not in wave 2. Beyond that, I can see them interspersing new content into rereleases the way Descent 2e does.

14 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

-Will the T-70 be getting the S-foils treatment (both the physical model and the upgrade card)?

Difficult to see. Always in motion, is the future.

Am I going to be able to convince my wife to let me buy 2 conversion kits. Don't have much scum. Plus the new core set?

Question 1: The Conversion kits are confirmed to include all cards present in the Wave 1 ship rereleases (TIE fighter, TIE advanced, T-65 X-wing et cetera).

Will this also be true of future rereleases (for example the 2.0 blister for the A-wing) or will those contain cards unavailable through the Conversion Kits?

Question 2: Do new players need to purchase a Conversion Kit to gain access to all content or will all Conversion Kit content eventually be rereleased in individual 2.0 blister packs?

Edited by Firespray-32

Will there be a cost for the Squadron Builder app like there is in other FF games? Or will it be free?