Share Your Questions About X-Wing™ Second Edition Here

By Lomiat, in X-Wing

Will the system open events yet to be played be absolutely worthless except for the one lone person that wins? Will all the alt art prizes and damage decks be changed to 2.0?

Does the G1A have Generics with a Force Rating? (Gand Findsmen)

12 hours ago, Zura said:

1. Is there any content in single expansion packs that is not in conversion kit? If yes, what is this content? Do i have do buy every expansion again to get access to all upgrades or is conversion kit enough?

We know that for wave 1, the conversion kit has everything in the expansions. Is this true for future waves (ignoring new ships, of course)?

Edited by gadwag

Will Epic ships be converted into 2nd Edition? If yes, how?

Does developing the Resistance and First Order into their own faction open up the possibility of other, new factions joining the game?

Does playing exclusively non-force-sensitive pilots mean that the force mechanic is unavailable?

Edited by DampfGecko
1 minute ago, DampfGecko said:

Will Epic ships be converted into 2nd Edition? If yes, how?

They said they are going to deal with epic later (speculation is in wave 3). They have to get the base game up and running again before they worry about alternate modes.

I have +200 Upgrade cards. Some of them are bought from other players, like Emperor Palpatine.

How is that going to fit with the conversion kits?

How will you treat community squadbuilders? I know licensing is an issue and you would prefer having the playerbase in one place, but for us having alternatives is very valuable, just in case your squadbuilder is not availiable or plain bad. I'm not opposed to switching away from 'Yet another X-Wing builder', as long as your product is at least as dependable and usable. So, will there be an arrangement to enable the community to keep using its established rescources?

Why is there a disparity between the number of ships supported in each conversion kit?

scum 39 ships

empire 34

rebel 37

also there seem some odd choices, 3 decimator converts seems silly (edit this has now been changed to 2), while 4 tie fighters is limited since there will be a large number of players with more than that. I understand that you can’t cater for everyone’s preference but there could be 1 less deci and add half a dozen other ships to bring up the ship numbers to all be equal. It does seem odd to me that the faction that is best known for large swarms has the smallest number of supported ships in the kit.

Edited by Storgar
2 minutes ago, Storgar said:

also there seem some odd choices, 3 decimator converts seems silly, while 4 tie fighters is limited since there will be a large number of players with more than that. I understand that you can’t cater for everyone’s preference but there could be 1 less deci and add half a dozen other ships to bring up the ship numbers to all be equal. It does seem odd to me that the faction that is best known for large swarms has the smallest number of supported ships in the kit.

probably has something to do with the nature of the ships, how many medium and large ships each faction has, and so on. A lot of people are speculating that the Decimator thing is a typo. That is the one that really makes no sense at all.

Is there a chance that some ships are able to use their old dials?

In order for the conversion kits to exist, all current ships need to have been redesigned for the second edition at the same time (at least their cards / stats). My question is if this means that all future re-releases of these ships will contain these specific cards or if there will be additional new cards that are still in development (or in future development) that will be exclusive to these packs?

Also, will the game still be played on 3 ft x 3 ft / 90 cm x 90 cm playmats?

Edited by Aiwendil

I have a question: how did you guys do such a good job that I actually WANT to play X-wing again?

(In all seriousness, your FAQ answered my most pressing questions, and the second most pressing questions are about details that will very likely be revealed in the near future)

Okay, so one real question - Will we finally be able to use Huge ships as obstacles in tournament play?

I have a question: where is the news for star wars Armada?

Will the Force Awakens/System Open damage decks be compatible with 2nd Edition?

(after all, there's clearly crossover amongst some of the critical effects, and the Damage Deck from the original Core Set is still currently valid for competetive play)

26 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Will the Force Awakens/System Open damage decks be compatible with 2nd Edition?

(after all, there's clearly crossover amongst some of the critical effects, and the Damage Deck from the original Core Set is still currently valid for competetive play)

That one has been answered, it will not.

2 hours ago, Aiwendil said:

In order for the conversion kits to exist, all current ships need to have been redesigned for the second edition at the same time (at least their cards / stats). My question is if this means that all future re-releases of these ships will contain these specific cards or if there will be additional new cards that are still in development (or in future development) that will be exclusive to these packs?

Also, will the game still be played on 3 ft x 3 ft / 90 cm x 90 cm playmats?

I want to know this too. Not the playmats thing, the answer to that is obviously yes.

How many named pilots are there for each converted ship?

Will I need to buy new core set even though I am veteran player or there will be option to buy templates and damage decks independently? Thanks.

Why does the Imperial conversion kit have three VT-49 Decimators in it? It seems like the ship least in need of two conversions, let alone three.

2 minutes ago, Firespray-32 said:

Why does the Imperial conversion kit have three VT-49 Decimators in it? It seems like the ship least in need of two conversions, let alone three.

perhaps because its the only imperial PWT?

Will future expansions have content that is not covered in the conversion kits?

9 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

As far as we can tell, the only ways to get the new damage deck are in the new core set, or by pre-ordering a conversion kit and getting the promo “x-wing blueprint” damage deck.

Where did you learn his and where can I get this groovy new deck?

15 hours ago, ONIMITCHELL69 said:

Why is this a thing? Why does this feel like a poorly masked money grab?

Where is the dislike button?

Is it possible to use only app/printed lists on offcial events?

8 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

When an existing ship that is not in the wave 1 re-release group is re-released (Using the Decimator or Defender as an example) will the re-release boxes contain upgrades or pilots that are not found in the conversion kits?

They stated that conversion kits will have all the things in the new blisters.