Share Your Questions About X-Wing™ Second Edition Here

By Lomiat, in X-Wing

I can't see anywhere that is referenced whether we need to buy the core 2.0 set as well as any conversion kits?

Are Agressors (IG-88) still large based ships?

Are there any changes to the way the reposition actions (boost, barrel roll) are performed? In particular, what does a medium-based ship's barrel roll look like?

ETA:

TOs can create custom squadbuilding rules in the app for specific events. Will this include the ability to adjust the squad point cost of pilots and upgrades?

Edited by digitalbusker
And another thing!

What are the SKU's SWZ03 through 05?

5 minutes ago, Firespray-32 said:

Are the Epic Play huge ships included in the Conversion kits?

No, Epic will come later.

Just now, jmhot said:

I can't see anywhere that is referenced whether we need to buy the core 2.0 set as well as any conversion kits?

I don't think you have to, but you'll want the rulebook and the 1 straight template at least.

How are cannons affected by the changes to secondary weapons like turrets?

How many medium bases are in each conversion pack?

Well this does bring things into perspective.

Will there be some sort of rotation or correction measures to take place so you don't have to dump a bottle of ink on the F.A.Q. for you know, just in case any more jumpmaster type mistakes?

1 minute ago, Marinealver said:

Well this does bring things into perspective.

Will there be some sort of rotation or correction measures to take place so you don't have to dump a bottle of ink on the F.A.Q. for you know, just in case any more jumpmaster type mistakes?

Points and slots are all on the app, not the cards. So any changes that need to happen can happen instantly and are there for every player and don't change anything on your physical cards.

Will we be able to use our current upgrade cards with the app? What about official play? What about Epic format, will it be supported in 2.0?

Just now, BlodVargarna said:

Will we be able to use our current upgrade cards with the app? What about official play? What about Epic format, will it be supported in 2.0?

Epic is coming later they said. There is an Org Play article up but I've not read it yet. But seems most events are sticking around or just changing names, with the addition to more themed events.

Upgrades are the things that seem to be the most changed. Some are going away (VI, PTL) and they are all being updated for 2nd. There will be loads in the conversion kits, but as for the ones we have now, I doubt they will be useable.

Just now, InterceptorMad said:

Points and slots are all on the app, not the cards. So any changes that need to happen can happen instantly and are there for every player and don't change anything on your physical cards.

Okay, that actually works. I can save on cards and paper.

I will say this is a better move than the constant nerfratas that are in F.A.Q.s. I can see myself making the shift.

So in theory I should be able to buy both the Rebel and Imperial conversion sets and that would cover my current entire X-wing set?
Will v1 dials be still usable with v2?

When will v1 be made obsolete ?

Is it even worth buying Saw's Renegades? with V2 around the corner.

Edited by SwordOwaR

What’s the launch date for the app?

5 minutes ago, SwordOwaR said:

So in theory I should be able to buy both the Rebel and Imperial conversion sets and that would cover my current entire X-wing set?
Will v1 dials be still usable with v2?

When will v1 be made obsolete ?

Each ship gets at least 2 new dials in the conversion packs. Some are a little different, some have some major changes.

And I assume v1 'goes away' when the new stuff hits. No more reprints after a certain time, all official events will be v2 after a set date, etc...

7 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

What’s the launch date for the app?

I've been told that "they hope by gencon".

3 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

Each ship gets at least 2 new dials in the conversion packs. Some are a little different, some have some major changes.

And I assume v1 'goes away' when the new stuff hits. No more reprints after a certain time, all official events will be v2 after a set date, etc...

Well looks then that Imp players may have to buy two or more sets of the conversion if that's the case should the dial for TIES be different!

1 minute ago, SwordOwaR said:

Well looks then that Imp players may have to buy two or more sets of the conversion if that's the case should the dial for TIES be different!

Remember that two TIEs will be in the new core set, and we don't know what the point cost is yet for the new stuff. Perhaps 4 will be plenty depending on their abilities and point spread. But based on the traditional mechanics, it does seem like more than 2 should have been included.

Can you please explain in detail how turret ships will be toned down to keep the emphasis on actually flying the ships? I stopped playing at about Wave 6 because the game shifted from a focus on flying to a focus on getting as many turrets into a list as possible.

5 minutes ago, jwilliamson12 said:

Remember that two TIEs will be in the new core set, and we don't know what the point cost is yet for the new stuff. Perhaps 4 will be plenty depending on their abilities and point spread. But based on the traditional mechanics, it does seem like more than 2 should have been included.

But more releases will come and in this interview with the devs, they've said they'll be releasing card and cardboard only packs for re-releases. So, in respect to that, you SHOULD be able just get cards for the ships you have in addition to getting the conversion pack.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/05/ffg-star-wars-x-wing-2-0-announcement-interview.html

Edited by Praetorate of the Empire
including link

Do I need to buy a new core set if I am not new to the game therefore I only need to buy conversion kits?

Or do I need to buy a new core set and conversion kits?

3 minutes ago, Mud Turkey 13 said:

Can you please explain in detail how turret ships will be toned down to keep the emphasis on actually flying the ships? I stopped playing at about Wave 6 because the game shifted from a focus on flying to a focus on getting as many turrets into a list as possible.

From the talk, they said that if it is a turret UPGRADE, it's that you pic a section of your base (quarters) to shoot from, using an action to turn it.

For ones like the falcon that have 3609 built in, they get to fire in two opposite directions. So back and front, or both sides. Again, moving the pointers with an action.

So no more "I can just shoot anywhere" by just taking a ship or upgrade.

Which cards from the 1st edition won't be carried over into the 2nd edition?

What is the justification for the $50 price point?

Paying around $60 per wave to get all the ships was pretty manageable, especially since it wasn't strictly required to keep playing the game. Now it's $100+Core+extra conversions for those TIE swarms to even be allowed to play.

1 minute ago, ccjacks3 said:

Which cards from the 1st edition won't be carried over into the  2nd edition?

So far, they confirmed VI and PTL will not exist.

There are other ways to increase pilot skill, such as swarm tactics.