Clawdite fancier

By udat, in Legends of the Alliance

Has anyone else come to the conclusion that the app has a real thing for Clawdites? They have shown up in a random deployment at least once in every mission so far (1 mission left to play). The Clawdite is comfortably ahead of the next most common, which are Heavy Stormies.

I've never seen one after running through the app twice, until they change the missions though, I can't imagine playing this again.

5 hours ago, udat said:

Has anyone else come to the conclusion that the app has a real thing for Clawdites? They have shown up in a random deployment at least once in every mission so far (1 mission left to play). The Clawdite is comfortably ahead of the next most common, which are Heavy Stormies.

They are shapeshifters ... they CAN be everywhere ;)

Seriously, I saw their app abilities and they seem fun to play (maybe not so fun from rebel point of view) to a point that I feel this is how they should have bee portrayed in the HotE box. What are your take on them? Have you been able to morph them into some of the imperial defeated units on any of the mission they showed up?

Edited by IanSolo_FFG

well, I have some meetings with them (I supose, like 5 times). Unfortunately, they morphed exactly once (into stormtrooper) just for one turn

They are so annoying that we expend pretty much every effort to delete them the moment they are deployed, otherwise you have to kill them twice. They can do a lot of damage too, so worth getting off the board before they activate if at all possible.

The app gives a lot of optimization and threat assessment tasks with unknowable input data. For example an elite Stormtrooper group with 2 figures remaining is also annoying when the first figure rolls 4 dice.

5 minutes ago, a1bert said:

The app gives a lot of optimization and threat assessment tasks with unknowable input data. For example an elite Stormtrooper group with 2 figures remaining is also annoying when the first figure rolls 4 dice.

When you say "unknowable" are you referring to the fact that the special abilities of figure groups can vary from group to group and round to round? So it's much more difficult to assess which are the larger threat?

Yes, unit bonuses vary, and the order of activation of the imperial groups vary. And sometimes the order of the figure activations matter (for Jyn's Quick Draw and when figures are packed closely together). Then I try to go with the Imperial rule or when I can't decide, just roll for which figure in a group activates first.

The activation order also affects how the heroes can best use their abilities. Fenn and Drokkatta want to activate when there are still clumps of imperial figures, and Vinto would like to activate when there are figures that only need 1 more damage to be defeated.

In the end it's a compromise between taking out figures before they can activate and the efficient use of rebel abilities. I think most often a good offense is the best defense even with the app, although once the balance tilts you need to start running to make the objective.