Waiqar reanimate maro based list

By Susanooo, in Runewars List Building

After last tournament im still figuring out diffrent lists. I think this one could be pretty good. Im still considering dropping one carrion lancer (or archers for one mnore carrion and those upgrades) in favour of agressive drummer adn blighted vexlum bearer on reanimate block. Here is the idea: Maro ressurects reanimate block and hits hard with his 1-2 whites with fortunas dice, Reanimate block is main power with that threat of 4 and pretty survivable with necromancer and lingering dead, carrions guard the flanks and archers blight away opponent dices (and potentially allow carrions to use their ability). What do you think about this list?
Ankaur Maro [40] 1x1
Fortunas Dice [6]
Violent Forces [6]
Total Unit Cost: 52
Reanimates [64] 4x3
Necromancer [3]
Lingering Dead [3]
Total Unit Cost: 70
Reanimate Archers [18] 2x1
Combat Ingenuity [6]
Total Unit Cost: 24
Reanimate Archers [18] 2x1
Combat Ingenuity [6]
Total Unit Cost: 24
Carrion Lancers [15] 1x1
Total Unit Cost: 15
Carrion Lancers [15] 1x1
Total Unit Cost: 15

I think I’ve given up on running Maro just to run Maro. Basically, if you bring him as a solo figure, he had better be bringing some cross faction unit. If you aren’t bringing some cross faction unit, then he is much more efficient as a figure in a reanimate formation. The wounds he suffers tend to be compensated for by regenerate.

Besides that, the basic layout of your list is solid. Two Lancers is good for technical and objective work, two CI archers are going to slow down an enemy badly, and a 12 tray block is going to just take a beating and keep going.

Id wager that (if you have that many trays),bringing Maro in a 6 tray reanimate for 55 points will be more effective 4/5 games

I agree with Church14. Figure Maro is so much better for reanimating Reanimates. I will add that I was beat soundly early on by a guy running Ankaur Maro (Regenerative Magic, Heartseeker). We had no rune manipulation, but it worked out perfectly with two rounds of 2 Stable Runes, followed by a round of 4 Unstable Runes, so he added trays, added trays, then healed his damage. It was quite intimidating, and I ultimately lost that game. He had two units of 2x1 Reanimate Archers (Combat Ingenuity) that screened Maro, and got progressively bigger.

I think if you run Ankaur Maro as his own unit, Violent Forces is totally the way to go. Being able to dial in the double hit for 4 damage straight up, with the possibility of more damage on the 1-2 white dice, is quite reliable. Also, he has that awesome 4-straight-2-straight that can cover some distance for objectives.

I imagine you don't have 18+ trays of Reanimates, so Ankaur Maro figure upgrade and a 12-tray unit of Reanimates is out of the question. With that in mind, I think I like your army. Maro is notoriously squishy, so the key is placing him in such a way that your opponent wants to get him, but will face the wrath of the Reanimates. Also, Confluence of Magic is now a legal Objective this season, and being able to ensure he has 2 stable runes for his ranged attack will be clutch in those matches, especially with Fortuna's Dice to make that extra die count. I just wouldn't rely on him to add trays to the Reanimates, unless you are certain he is safe from harm.