A Weekend in Warhammer's Old World >> Warhammer: Malleus Maleficarum Event, May 7th-9th

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

The Warhammer: Malleus Maleficarum Event , May 7th-9th, is a weekend dedicated to the many faces of Warhammer’s Old World and is held at the spacious Fantasy Flight Games Event Center in Roseville, Minnesota. With awesome competitions, great events, and engaging seminars, Malleus Maleficarum is a must for any fan of the grim setting of Warhammer’s Old World.

We've got lots of cool stuff scheduled for the weekend, including a lot of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay events – demos and instruction for folks new to WFRP or the roleplaying hobby in general, as well as some seminars planned to help players get the most out of the game and their campaigns.

Daniel Lovat Clark and I will be on hand over the weekend, happy to teach people the game and answer questions, and we'll also be running several sessions of WFRP ourselves, so you have a chance to play with the designers or pick our brains!

Sounds interesting. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get up there. Are you running a set of events at Gencon or Dragoncon?

This event sounds really interesting but I'm in Europe and this is a problem. I can hope only that all the news from this event will be published on the FFG site right after the event.

Specialy I'm waiting for the news about the future of the system and the next supplement. The new campain that will be shown in a preview on this event is one of the hottest things I want to hear about.

I wish i could go.

Those sneak peeks seem interesting.

Someone really needs to move MN closer to the northwest. Hey, they could replace WA or ID without much of a loss. Then they'd be in reasonable driving distance and I could attend these things. partido_risa.gif

I only hope that after the event those sneak picks will be published on the FFG site so everybody can see them.

This would be great especialy for those of us that won't get a chance to be at Malleus Maleficarum.

I hope this goes well so you guys can release some "GAME DAY" stuff so this can happen in other parts of the world too...

jh

Lakewood, co USA

Just a note to FFG my local game store stocks WFRP under the boardgames section. Due to lack of interest they will be stocking by order only. Is anyone else suffering the same fate?

Nope. My LGS is still buying a few of each release and has had to reorder the Gathering Storm already.

I'm lucky my FLGS have some of the best stock I'v ever come across, but some of my less fortunate compatriots ended up with some issues like that.

In France, it's nearly impossible to get a GM Toolkit yet. We can't even think about Gathering Storm.

Gosh, what is the official french FFG distributor "EDGE" doing ?

From the Malleus Maleficarum Event Schedule :

2:00 PM Saturday: Upcoming Releases Seminar
If you are anxiously awaiting each new release of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and are just dying to find out what’s coming out next, sit in on this seminar for news and previews of our upcoming release schedule.

Any chance to get a video or podcast? happy.gif

That's 2:00 pm EST or PST?

Please spoils we poor souls that couldn't be there.

Greetings!

Went to Malleus and played WFRP for two days with the game creators.

Friday night, we first learned the game from Jay Little and were then treated with a home-made adventure of Jay's called Shipping and Handling. After walking around an inn for evening and having a few run-ins with some nasty thugs in the bar, the thief I was playing was able to sneak upstairs, listen at the door and unload his prize backstab in the room upstairs finishing off the foe that the mercenay mortally wounded. It was great to be able to stop the action from time to time and ask Jay some details about his thoughts that went into the game.

Saturday I went back for more. This time I was able to experience an adventure in the mind of Dan Clark and spent the afternoon and evening learning the mystery of a strange town where no one wants to leave. I had a lot of fun with the role playing element of the game while exploring the town that resulted in a thrilling climax with some undead creepies and a run for our lives...

Also on Saturday, we enjoye a special treat. An open box of The Winds of Magic was available to page through, followed by a sneak preview of a new adventure town setting called "The Edge of Night". Lastly we also saw a few other careers mockups that might be coming out soon, but alas I cannot talk about that yet. ;)

How often do you get to play a game with the guys that created it and hang out with them for a weekend? Pretty cool stuff all around.

Thank you Fantasy Flight and especially Jay and Dan for taking the time to teach and play us the game!

lugielord said:

Greetings!

Went to Malleus and played WFRP for two days with the game creators.

Friday night, we first learned the game from Jay Little and were then treated with a home-made adventure of Jay's called Shipping and Handling. After walking around an inn for evening and having a few run-ins with some nasty thugs in the bar, the thief I was playing was able to sneak upstairs, listen at the door and unload his prize backstab in the room upstairs finishing off the foe that the mercenay mortally wounded. It was great to be able to stop the action from time to time and ask Jay some details about his thoughts that went into the game.

Saturday I went back for more. This time I was able to experience an adventure in the mind of Dan Clark and spent the afternoon and evening learning the mystery of a strange town where no one wants to leave. I had a lot of fun with the role playing element of the game while exploring the town that resulted in a thrilling climax with some undead creepies and a run for our lives...

Also on Saturday, we enjoye a special treat. An open box of The Winds of Magic was available to page through, followed by a sneak preview of a new adventure town setting called "The Edge of Night". Lastly we also saw a few other careers mockups that might be coming out soon, but alas I cannot talk about that yet. ;)

How often do you get to play a game with the guys that created it and hang out with them for a weekend? Pretty cool stuff all around.

Thank you Fantasy Flight and especially Jay and Dan for taking the time to teach and play us the game!

One of my player is curious to know how many spells are in The Winds of Magic. Can you tell us (or at least give an estimate)?