Cosmic Tokens and Warrior

By Lizalfos, in Cosmic Encounter

This is perhaps a stupid question, but it's not explicitly stated in Warrior's power text:
In the unlikely event that you run out of Cosmic Tokens, can Warrior no longer gain experience? I'm assuming since these are generic "Cosmic" tokens that they will eventually be used by other aliens (maybe some others in this set already, though I can't remember), so it is possible that in a long game with multiple aliens using these generic tokens that they could potentially run out. Do we then start placing pennies or stop the count?

I would keep counting experience (or whatever) in any way possible. If they said "if you run out of tokens, then use something else", then they would be admitting that they ran out frequently and should have added more to start with.

I don't expect this to occur frequently, so I wouldn't read such a statement as meaning that. It does, however, seem quite unnatural to stop his power when the tokens run out, so I'll probably use coins if it were to happen. Of course, I'd just as soon forfeit unless I'm Loser or Anti-Matter, anyway!

On a side note, I think it might be a good idea to play Warrior according to his online power text when playing with the four planet variant. 1 to 2 experience is not much for a shortened game.

Adam said:

On a side note, I think it might be a good idea to play Warrior according to his online power text when playing with the four planet variant. 1 to 2 experience is not much for a shortened game.

Warrior's power says to add one extra token if playing with four planets per player. At least its 2 to 3 exp.

Thanks for pointing that out. I missed that somehow. I'll have to read everything very carefully when I finally play (hopefully tonight!).