New models

By WeathermanX, in Army Building

Where do we tell the game developers we want all the stuff from clone wars and prequel stuff?

I want Darth Maul and battle droids and night sisters and asajj! I want them all!!!

From what I have heard, a lot of people would not mind the prequels. I am somewhat interested in them (not crazily so), but I think Legion stands a chance to add in prequel material! And if they did add prequel stuff, I would probably jump on board and get a few things.

Unlike X-Wing, where there are not THAT many prequel ships, there is a substantial number of ground/low atmosphere vehicles to choose from for the prequels (think the entire Clone Wars series), and I think you could come up with some really cool mechanics for making droids work.

Here is my idea for a basic Battle Droid unit:

Battle Droids - 30 pts - 10 Miniatures - Speed 2 - No Courage Value (cannot get suppressed or panic). No defense (does not roll defense die), white offense die (no surge conversion).

Special ability: Strength in Numbers 1 (cancel one [hit] result instead of rolling defensive dice; while you have 6 or more miniatures in this squad, reroll one extra die when you spend an aim token)

Basically, just replicate the idea of a mass of droids patiently marching into fire, throwing a mass volume of fire with mass produced blasters.

Droidekas would have some nifty mechanics. A shield upgrade that exhausts; when exhausted you gain cover 2, immobile, and covert surges on defense dice. Normally speed 1 but a rolling keyword; when you move you may move at speed 3 if you only take move actions on your turn.

I've been slowly creating my own CIS forces to test out. Here are my droidekas:

droidekas (dual sided)

-shields up (red): immobile, 2 health, 2 courage, red defense, surges to hit and block, cover 2, transform (movement action, flip card to red/blue, assign proper token)

-shields down (blue): speed 3, white defense surge to block, unhindered, transform (movement action)

-melee 1 white

-shooting 1-2 1 black 1 red pierce 1

-60 for 3

I have ideas logged for most CIS units, including ideas for implementing starfighters into the game