Groups playing in South/West Yorkshire (England)

By BritTorrent, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Hi all, j ust got into the game and I'm trying to get a feel for my local community. Are there any groups who play regularly in the South/West Yorkshire area, England? Want to find as many people as possible to play with.

I know of a small group in Barnsley but there's only a handful there. I imagine Sheffield and Leeds may have a decent community?

@Mad Cat is North Yorkshire. He mentioned Patriot Games in Sheffield has tournaments. There is also a games store in Huddersfield (my home town) but I can’t remember the name.

I live in London these days so not much help, sorry!

Last year both Patriot games and The Outpost in Sheffield held Store Championship events.

IQ games in Huddersfield also used to run Armada tournaments but I haven't seen them do so in at least a year. There was also a store in Doncaster that ran them but again nothing recently.

We have one planned at Travelling Man York on 12 May. Just finalising details and will post the details on the Compendium of UK Events thread shortly.

9 hours ago, Mad Cat said:

Last year both Patriot games and The Outpost in Sheffield held Store Championship events.

IQ games in Huddersfield also used to run Armada tournaments but I haven't seen them do so in at least a year. There was also a store in Doncaster that ran them but again nothing recently.

We have one planned at Travelling Man York on 12 May. Just finalising details and will post the details on the Compendium of UK Events thread shortly.

Thanks for the heads up, I've found a few stores around that have a small number of players. It seems like the Armada community here in general is pretty small. X-wing appears to be more popular.

The tournament in York sounds interesting. I like the Travelling Man, it's a nice store. And me and the missus are always up for an excuse to go to York for the day!

We have a regular Armada night on a Monday evenings at Wargames Emporium in Sheffield. Varies in number, but there's usually someone down for a game. Would be happy for you to join us!

Nice one, think I'll look into joining you next week then.

What time do you start?

Outpost in Sheffield has regular players. They run tournaments in other systems so with enough regular Armada players I'm sure they'd be willing to run an official one.

Plus, cheap ships!

It's a relatively informal, after work type situation, but I tend to get there for 6ish or shortly after. Technically Armada nights are fortnightly, as the store owner (and fellow Armada player) runs a D&D group on the alternating Monday. Given that he's there and the tables are empty, however, he's happy for us to play on his D&D Mondays: it just means that some Mondays have more players come down than others.

Basically, we get between 2-6 players down a week, and you can usually get a game; if you're pushed for time, however, there's two nights a month when we get a really decent turnout!

Hope you can join us!