what were the "Launch Weekend" participation prizes?

By grokssilk, in Organized Play

I wasn't able to make it to a Launch Weekend event, and I am not able to find any information about what the "participation prizes" were - does anybody know?

we have:

Step-by-Step Build & Play: Each player participating in the Build & Play portion of the Star Wars : Legion Launch Weekend claims a handy quick-reference rules sheet (this quick-reference I've managed to pick up from a friend :))

Challenge Duels: Every participant receives a participation prize, and the most successful player with each of the four armies will win a commemorative art print.

^ this "participation prize" is what I haven't been able to find any details for...

thx!

It was a quick reference handout sheet. A nice trifold handout that had a bunch of the rules, actions sequences, etc all in one place.

9 hours ago, grokssilk said:

Challenge Duels: Every participant receives a participation prize, and the most successful player with each of the four armies will win a commemorative art print.

^ this "participation prize" is what I haven't been able to find any details for...

thx!

These were just certificates that had some artwork and said "Challenge Duel Participant". If you got the most victory points as the Luke, Vader, T-47, or AT-ST player there were individual certificates with a pic of the appropriate model on them.

The launch kit was a little underwhelming swag-wise. It was primarily targeted at people who have never played any kind of hobby-related tabletop wargame.

We ran two days of launch events and by the second day our core group had given up on the launch events and had gone to playing full 800-point games to start learning the whole ruleset.

58 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

These were just certificates that had some artwork and said "Challenge Duel Participant". If you got the most victory points as the Luke, Vader, T-47, or AT-ST player there were individual certificates with a pic of the appropriate model on them.

ah, I think this was the info I was looking for - cool, thank you guys for the replies! more than simply the next franchise game for me, this is also my first proper miniatures game, excited to keep up with its evolution!