Spanish and Russian extra figures

By KamaKrazyWarBoy, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

Although the Civ sheets specifically say that each Civ "starts" with an additional Scout/Army figure respectively, does that extend throughout the entire game (meaning the additional figures may be bought again after being disbanded for whatever reason)? Thematically I would argue it makes sense that the Russians would field a "larger" army, and the Spanish would have more scouts exploring the world, but the wording makes it seem pretty clear that it's a one time, start of game, buff. It could have made a huge difference in the last game my group played as both Civs disbanded the extra unit for a free tech and an additional city fairly early. But, if they had to be 'hoarded" in order to maintain the bonus, it would greatly impact our strategy in future games to come. Any clarification or house rules welcome, thanks!

At least we play that they can be purchased later in game.

From page 11 of the rulebook:

Russia takes the white Russian army figure and adds it to their figures. When figures are placed on the map in step 3 (below), Russia places the white army figure on the map as well.

Since they "add it to their figures" before anything else, I think it's pretty clear that they can rebuild it and have a limit of 7 army figures instead of the usual 6.

The description for the Spanish on page 6 of the Fame and Fortune rulebook makes this even more clear:

Spain takes the white Spanish scout figure and adds it to their figures. When figures are placed on the map, Spain places the white scout figure on the map as well. As with Russia, this increases the number of figures that Spain can have on the map at the same time.

So they're permanent buffs.