Like, Is this thing EVER Coming Out?!?

By Farseerixirvost, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

Seriously, FFG. WTF?!? At this rate we will receive the 30th Anniversary Reprint on the 31st anniversary...

What would be cool, very appreciated, AND A TOTALLY PROFESSIONAL MOVE for such a company, would be to actually make a statement on timing (even in general if need be, don’t need a specific date per se) and maybe even a thinly veiled apology for delays.

I'm getting concerned that pirates are involved...

On 09/04/2018 at 2:43 PM, Brutilus said:

I'm getting concerned that pirates are involved...

I don’t mind the pirates....it’s the Hutts that concern me....

Doubtful. Or if it does, it'll be another few months.

Looking back now, it's too much money for a legacy product I can just go get from Noble Knight, right now. So I cancelled my order.

Really unimpressed, FFG.

To be honest, given it's been delayed this long, I wouldn't be surprised if FFG is holding this to be a GenCon release alongside the L5R 5e beginner box.

It's been pushed back forever, and now Amazon have given up and straight up admits they don't know when it's available.

I think if there's no status change be the end of this month I'm cancelling my pre order and turning to eBay. This is just ridiculous. And not even so much in the sense that a Q4 2017 item is 2+ Qs late, but f'ing REDICULOUS FFG WON'T SAY A GODDAMNED WORD AS TO WHY THE DELAY!!

18 hours ago, Farseerixirvost said:

I think if there's no status change be the end of this month I'm cancelling my pre order and turning to eBay. This is just ridiculous. And not even so much in the sense that a Q4 2017 item is 2+ Qs late, but f'ing REDICULOUS FFG WON'T SAY A GODDAMNED WORD AS TO WHY THE DELAY!!

Did you contact customer service to mention your dissatisfaction? I know you probably won't get satisfaction, but if they start hearing from people that preorders will be canceled, all of a sudden there's a dollar figure attached and that gets attention. I know traditionally they've been tight-lipped but there's always room for a procedure change to appease your customers.

On 5/8/2018 at 12:39 PM, Wilford9000 said:

It's been pushed back forever, and now Amazon have given up and straight up admits they don't know when it's available.

In fact Amazon has started cancelling orders for it, at least mine was

1 hour ago, Toku Askanidog said:

In fact Amazon has started cancelling orders for it, at least mine was

Yes, they just canceled my pre-order.

No worries! Soon the 31st Anniversary Edition will be announced.

I just sent an email asking for an update on this, since it has been listed as "On The Boat" since 18 January. I'll post whatever answer I get as soon as I get it.

On 5/9/2018 at 4:16 PM, Rithuan said:

Yes, they just canceled my pre-order.

Dude, I just noticed it’s sold out at Leisure games in London (where I ordered mine)

looks like it’s a limited run, selling out, if you want one order it now or you may not be able later,

Look at this-this way, buy it and regret it, sell it on eBay, it will be worth a lot,

Don't buy it and later want it, your options are limited,

On 5/24/2018 at 1:44 PM, Harper. said:

Look at this-this way, buy it and regret it, sell it on eBay, it will be worth a lot,

I highly doubt it will be worth more than the cover price. This is a reprint, not an original product.

On 5/26/2018 at 4:54 AM, HappyDaze said:

I highly doubt it will be worth more than the cover price. This is a reprint, not an original product.

Once this is out of print/stock I guarante it will go up in price,

like I've already stated, the only way this doesn’t sell out day one is that people did not know it existed,

On 5/8/2018 at 2:31 PM, themensch said:

Did you contact customer service to mention your dissatisfaction? I know you probably won't get satisfaction, but if they start hearing from people that preorders will be canceled, all of a sudden there's a dollar figure attached and that gets attention. I know traditionally they've been tight-lipped but there's always room for a procedure change to appease your customers.

I have contacted them on multiple occasions. I have not heard anything!? Not even we are sorry we are working on it. Nothing. It seems as if the company has just closed their doors or something. So sad. I too am going to get a refund if they don't update us soon. A full year in pre-order status is deplorable.

1 hour ago, Pirateyoho said:

I have contacted them on multiple occasions. I have not heard anything!? Not even we are sorry we are working on it. Nothing. It seems as if the company has just closed their doors or something. So sad. I too am going to get a refund if they don't update us soon. A full year in pre-order status is deplorable.

Wow! Most folks, myself included, at least got a reply.

i havnt gotten a reply

I contacted them on Twitter nearly a month ago about this and only got "No hard date, but still coming." But no further details. It's rolling on almost 11 months since I pre-ordered. There's been no official word on here or through their channels since January. It's all very strange and somewhat disappointing. A friend gifted me the Dark Empire source book at Christmas because he knew I had preordered this and was hoping I'd run this game, as I didn't feel like tracking down the originals.

At this point, they really need to clarify what happened and actually issue an update on this.

There's got to be some reason why they're not making an attempt to communicate with customers on this. I.E., a legal case against a shipping company or printing company that prevents them from making any sort of public statement until it's resolved. Granted, this is pure conjecture on my part, but they wouldn't stay this tight lipped unless they're either stupid or hindered by some compelling logistic reason. Though frustrated, I'm inclined to believe the latter.

well i have not gotten any kind of response on this and im unable to cancel my order. i NEVER use my bank/credit card online. i use pre paid cards for the security. but that card was used over a year ago and discarded. so if orders are being dropped im out 60 bucks? this is no way to run a business of this size...or any size

On 6/3/2018 at 5:49 PM, bandersnee said:

There's got to be some reason why they're not making an attempt to communicate with customers on this. I.E., a legal case against a shipping company or printing company that prevents them from making any sort of public statement until it's resolved. Granted, this is pure conjecture on my part, but they wouldn't stay this tight lipped unless they're either stupid or hindered by some compelling logistic reason. Though frustrated, I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Ehhhh... "Hey everyone, there was an issue we need to correct, no ETA right now..." etc. is really not hard to say or put up without violating any supposed "confidentiality." And it seems like this is a response they're giving out when prodded by folks via email, tweet or in the store (based on a few replies I got on twitter when I asked them.) Even the preview they just put up. No release date? Just a resolicitation for preorders? This is a product advertised back in August!

It feels bungled and they're not helping allay that.

This is a massive jerk of with none of the associate pleasure. A ridiculous waste of people's time. It is a fantastic game with plenty of ready players and support but the lumbering ffg obviously is the one legged man at an **** kicking contest. This game is very obviously not a major concern for them and or the by product of pissing a portion of their fan base either. On the boat....my **** it is...

Guys...the release date is 7/5. We can all calm down now.

On 6/25/2018 at 1:53 AM, jivjov said:

Guys...the release date is 7/5. We can all calm down now.

What are we doing with all these pitchforks then?