400 Point Rebels Tournament List

By Omnustechni, in Army Building

So my FLGS is kicking off its first Legion tournament with 400 point games. It's going to be an escalation league that grows to 800 points by the end of the tournament.

Here is my idea for the list:

Luke Skywalker w Saber Throw - 170

Rebel Troopers w no upgrades x3 - 120

ATRT w no upgrades x2 - 110

Total: 400 points.

It's definitely bare bones, but it's still a good number of durable units. I plan to melee rush with Luke and the ATRTs and let the troopers just run around and dodge until they get where they need to be.

What would you run at 400 points for Rebels? It's an interesting challenge to say the least.

This will be brutal for the Empire. I can't see them fielding a competent list at this point range since Vader + 3 squads is 332 points.

As for your list, it looks pretty solid. I would consider dropping Saber Throw since it's fairly useless against Empire players since you won't be seeing any AT-STs and Luke comes with a ranged attack already. The second AT-RT might be overkill. You may just want to cut it + Saber throw and then give your first AT-RT a weapon and field another squad of troopers. Due to the low point level, I'd consider bringing a Flamethrower because there will be little AV on the field which will allow your AT-RT to get close with several wounds to spare.

Just a thought..

So I did play with this list and won both games I used it. It was very effective. Kicking people with the ATRTs is incredibly satisfying. If they go in on the same unit together, they shred them. I used one and Luke to knock out Vader in 2 rounds. The other smashed some troopers. In the other game they scared the other player away from the objectives so much I was able to score tons of points. I liked the list a lot.

Did you keep the 3 Corp requirement at 400? That seems very restrictive for the imperials.

I think the imperial players were allowed to have just 2 troops. But they just ran Vader with 3 squads with minimal upgrades.

400 points is super restrictive for the Imperials, given how expensive Vader is. Realistically, you're giving him Saber Throw and probably something like Force Reflexes to keep him alive while he slowly moves across the board. Let's call that 225 points. You're really looking at 175 points for the rest of the list. If you take even two units of Stormtroopers, you can't afford a unit of bikes. You're really looking at Vader and three barebones units of Stormtroopers with 43 points leftover for upgrades.

I think you're better off calling the starter set a 500 point tournament. It gives you the ability to take everything in the starter along with reasonable upgrades. At 400, it's the starter with almost no upgrades for Imperials.

I played 475 last night and it was rough. Barebones Stormtroopers are pretty terrible.