DLT-19 Stormtrooper Conversion

By Jorge69, in Painting

Since I will have 3 squad of Stormtroopers running the DLT-19s, I decided to convert two of the troopers. I am doing the first one as a test run. So this is going to be a pic heavy thread

Step 1: Create a mould of the original DLT-19 Stormtrooper backpack. I used a thermoplastic mould (put in hot water and press in).

IMG-1907.JPG

Edited by Jorge69

ekGjrtE.jpg

After the mold was created, I took some brownstuff (aluminum based) and filled in the recesses of the mold and let it set for a couple of hours.

JtCXzuA.jpg

I then cut off the excess and shaped it similar to the original shape.

TU1dCT0.jpg

JAfJkO7.jpg

I then used a rotary tool to hollow out the back in order to fit the trooper's back.

iNDHsqO.jpg

I am using Stormtrooper body SWL_0003 and test fit with tacky white stuff

3eKW4Uf.jpg

y9qIRtZ.jpg

aOoKnyf.jpg

NdCodRC.jpg

Comment, criticisms?

Edited by Jorge69

Where the pics gone?

@Jorge69 Dude, Photobucket have taken your photos ransom and no-one can see them.

Try uploading them to Imgur, then linking them from there.

IMG-1908_zps1velt9jq.jpg~original

You should really stop using photobucket, they don't like 3rd party hosting, for now there's a way to work around it by adding "~Original" (not a - but a one of those wavy ones, for some reason I can't type it in the text) to the end of the URL after.jpg but who knows how long that will work, try something like imgur instead

IMG-2116_zpsuhqfk7mm.jpg~original IMG-2117_zpsiy47heat.jpg~original

I changed to Imgur, hopefully that will clear up the problem. The truth is, the pictures don't do what I did justice, it looks so much better in person. There is extra space in the back due to the tacky stuff in the back, but the fit is so much better without it. There are also some defects that I will fix with greenstuff.

Thanks!

Edited by Jorge69

Looks pretty good Jorge. You could even use these to make a whole squad of Sandtroopers.

Thanks!

Good idea!

Jorge