Maybe not the Last Starfighter

By cynanbloodbane, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

I stumbled on some cool concept art that led me to this story.

In short, Gary Whitta, Rogue One writer is attempting to get a Sequel/Reboot to the cult classic into production.

https://heroichollywood.com/rogue-one-last-starfighter-art/

I membeh The Last Starfighter.

Membeh?

Yeh, I membeh!

Membeh Grigg?

Yeh, I membeh! Membeh Gunstars?

Oh, yehhhhhh....i membeh!

How about the Star League? Membeh?

Yeh, I membeh!

Membeh CGI?

Oh yeh....heheheeee....i membeh!

Oooh....how 'bout Xur ? Membeh?

Yeh...an' the Kodan Armada! Membeh?

Heck yeh, I membeh!

Membeh X-wings?

Eh....wrong movie...membeh?

Oh yeh, I membeh...

:D

Edited by martok2112

Could be cool. Was never really enamored with it though, may require a modern day watch for me. It has been a while....loooooooong while.

In some ways, (partially visual, partially an ability to take the story seriously) the original doesn't exactly hold up today... but it's still fun to watch. :)

I've been longing for more last Starfighter for ages- even made gunstar minis for Armada!

I would love a second Starfighter movie. I never understood why there wasn't a sequel a couple of years after the original came out.

1 hour ago, RogueCorona said:

I would love a second Starfighter movie. I never understood why there wasn't a sequel a couple of years after the original came out.

I think it did okeeday at the box office. Perhaps not great, but perhaps good enough to have warranted a sequel.

What I would like to see is a modern video game based on The Last Starfighter.

There was a video game back in the 80's with The Last Starfighter in its title, but all it was was a redress of Atari's "Star Raiders II" I believe. (Or, I have my facts reversed, and Star Raiders II was a redress of The Last Starfighter...gahhhhh!) I used to have it on the old and obscure Atari XL computer/video game console hybrid. My favorite game on the Atari XL was "Rescue On Fractalis" (which I believe was a Lucasarts game.)

I dunno instead of a sequel to a movie that capitalized on the interest generated by star wars, in an era where it will be seen with the same intensions as it's predecessor. Could I not get a new concept sci-fi? Not to say it would not be welcome (if it's good), but rather ia desire for the new.

Seriouslyif your looking for extremely good sci-fi books pick up John Scalzi. He writes with the Ohio version of Douglas Adams wit, with an eye for detail and story that makes me, a dislexic, READ them with zealot like furvor. I cannot say enough good things about him.