800pts first match

By gigliopaolo, in Army Building

Being a first match I’d like to try a bit of everything, what do you guys think:

++ Standard (Galactic Empire) [800 Points] ++

+ Commander +

•Darth Vader [220 Points]: Force Choke, Force Reflexes

+ Corps +

Stormtroopers [44 Points]

Stormtroopers [78 Points]: HH-12 Stormtrooper

Stormtroopers [68 Points]: DLT-19 Stormtrooper

+ Support +

74-Z Speeder Bikes [90 Points]

74-Z Speeder Bikes [90 Points]

+ Heavy +

AT-ST [210 Points]: DW-3 Concussion Grenade Launcher

+ Command Hand +

Command Hand: •Ambush, •Implacable, ••New Ways to Motivate Them, ••Push, •••Assault, •••Master of Evil, ••••Standing Orders

++ Total: [800 Points] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Vader rly needs Saber Throw

You have to have saber throw or you are throwing 200+ points into the trash.
For support either go AT ST or Bikes, I wouldn't recommend both because the game is won or lost by troopers and you are barely scraping by.
If you want to rely on the ATST and Bikes doing work then drop the HH12 and possibly the DLT 19 and go with regular stormies, just more of them.

Wow explain this saber throw need please! ?

about the stormtroopers I’ve thrown in all the models I have so...

I’ll probably face a triple chicken rebel list btw

i could go

•Darth Vader [220 Points]: Force Push, Saber Throw

Edited by gigliopaolo
1 hour ago, gigliopaolo said:

Wow explain this saber throw need please! ?

about the stormtroopers I’ve thrown in all the models I have so...

I’ll probably face a triple chicken rebel list btw

i could go

•Darth Vader [220 Points]: Force Push, Saber Throw

Saber throw is basically Vaders ranged attack. Move, Move Trigger relentless, use saber throw

Force Reflexes and Saber Throw are basically required on Vader.

Don't bother with the rest unless you need battle meditation.

I think Vader and AT-ST will be hurting due to points.

I’d shoot for 4 squads of stormtroopers minimum if possible. 5 or 6 squads would be preferred.

Push is good on Lord Vader.

Pull a model to you, preferably the unit leader. The unit has to move to be in unit cohesion, relentless kicks in and you tear them up..

2 hours ago, Sirdrasco said:

Push is good on Lord Vader.

Pull a model to you, preferably the unit leader. The unit has to move to be in unit cohesion, relentless kicks in and you tear them up..

Relentless doesn't proc on Force Push. Vader is not performing a move action, the opposing unit is.

In addition, Force Pull targets the unit, not a mini, so you will move the unit in the normal way measuring from the Unit Leader and all the other minis will be moved into cohesion (with Darth Vader's player controlling this).

Edited by nungunz

True but Range 1 is longer then movement 1.

Move towards the unit, Force Push them towards you, then move into melee and then Relentless will proc.
I've found it difficult to use, but it helps enforce a bubble of denial around Vader that only Luke and Airspeeders seem to want to enter.

By default I take Saber Throw and Reflexes. If I have the points I might throw in Push or Choke.
You can always choke and throw a saber. Or Choke then move into Melee for an attack.

26 minutes ago, Mirkon said:

True but Range 1 is longer then movement 1.

Move towards the unit, Force Push them towards you, then move into melee and then Relentless will proc.
I've found it difficult to use, but it helps enforce a bubble of denial around Vader that only Luke and Airspeeders seem to want to enter.

By default I take Saber Throw and Reflexes. If I have the points I might throw in Push or Choke.
You can always choke and throw a saber. Or Choke then move into Melee for an attack.

Hadn’t considered the extra distance on Range 1 versus movement 1. Double move into Saber Throw will probably be most common, but this is definitely an option.

I think push might be almost more useful moving corps off of objectives or out of cover, but there is added flexibility.

I tend to try to maximize units on the field so finding the extra points can be difficult outside of the essentials.

I Would agree that Push or Choke can be more valuable than grenades or scopes.

22 hours ago, nungunz said:

I think push might be almost more useful moving corps off of objectives or out of cover, but there is added flexibility.

Moving them off objectives and then suppressing them from the saber throw is really effective :D