and now my Stormtroopers and ATST added

By VAYASAN, in Painting

Hot on the heels of my Rogue 1 inspired rebels, here are my Imperial troopers, bikes and Vader.

They still need a coat of Satin/Gloss varnish on the armour/white areas for a little shine.

VVtSYc0.jpg

U2nV3jV.jpg

cOcnhTe.jpg

ZyYaWjh.jpg

MUmZLri.jpg

opKneew.jpg

wyo4b2e.jpg

Edited by VAYASAN

Yikes, those are SUPER clean... and that’s about as good a compliment as a painter can get!:)

20 minutes ago, Lord Ashram said:

Yikes, those are SUPER clean... and that’s about as good a compliment as a painter can get!:)

Thanks.

I used (mostly) Sorastros brilliant tutorial.

In truth im not happy with the faces and I cant quite wok out why. I think its-

1, I havnt done the mouths well, I am not sure why, im a reasonable painter but just couldnt seem to get the paint sat where imo a stormtroopers mouth goes(a more V shaped than I have)...even thinning the paint and letting it seep in didnt seem to work.

2- The eyes vs the black headband above them. On Sorastros(brilliant) guide and on my troopers, there is no gap between the eyes and that band. On the older trooper helmets there IS a gap I have noticed now. Its not a big thing but I kinda wish I had tried to leave a gap. IMO without the gap they look a little more like First order helmets...but in truth im being a bit over critical I think.

As well as some gloss/satin varnish...I cant decide to add weathering or not. I am kinda happy with the look now but cant help feel they might look nice with a little mud on em too.

Edited by VAYASAN

Hey man! I think you are being WAY too critical of your own work:). The eyes, I think, look great with no gap... makes them look bit meaner. I get what you mean about the mouth, but part of that is the sculpt... stormtroopers actually look a bit silly in some ways when you compare them to other, more modern Sci Fi figures:). I wouldn’t muddy them up... I think they look really nicely bright and clean, which is how they look in the movies too:)

Yeah, they look really rad. I painted a set of IA stormies that have the white gap in the brow and a couple that don't... it's really difficult to tell at playing distance.

despite the many black lines the white is squeaky clean. Thats one heck of a feat...white suuuucks to paint cleanly....

Some of the best white I've seen. Great job!

Very nice! I have been working on my Stormtroopers as well, my sons and I got a lot done on the weekend, since it has been some detail work on the base colors over the week. Hope to finish them this weekend.

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

Looking good so far, what did you use for the foliage/grass on the bases?

5 hours ago, Rammstein117 said:

Looking good so far, what did you use for the foliage/grass on the bases?

Thanks.

If you check our YouTube- Sorastro Legion it tells you exactly the product names. Its a mix of light/medium and dark fine grass and then a brown and black stone type things. Its all on there at the end of the vid.