New Intro Decks Article

By Frimmel, in General Discussion

See, I wish they would include the power and coin tokens in these somehow. I got out of the game because I had no one to actually build decks against. My family would play, but only if I built both decks, so it was never a challenge. I would totally pick up these pre-made decks though just to get some games occasionally.

1 hour ago, Frimmel said:

Is this meant to alleviate the need for owning multiple core sets?

Probably not.

Yep. Propably not but it is possible that you get some stable cards with those. I supose that They Are a good way of making multible decks. Maybe not very good decks but at least so that you can introduce all houses without having 12 cores or something. But most likely you have to have a couple of each and some cores to make them reasonable good.

Do you still need to get a core set so as you have a set of tokens to use with this intro decks? The idea of them are great, to get new players in, but it would be great if it were possible to buy a set of tokens that came with a core set. Just so you could play straight from the box.

11 hours ago, Syropes said:

Do you still need to get a core set so as you have a set of tokens to use with this intro decks? The idea of them are great, to get new players in, but it would be great if it were possible to buy a set of tokens that came with a core set. Just so you could play straight from the box.

First time players would probably just use dice. More importantly, I hope the decks come with some basic instructions on how to play.

On 26 June 2018 at 6:16 PM, Kakita Shiro said:

First time players would probably just use dice. More importantly, I hope the decks come with some basic instructions on how to play.

Rules from core set are under support section on the product page as is a v good 'how to play' tutorial video.

2 hours ago, Dice lord said:

Rules from core set are under support section on the product page as is a v good 'how to play' tutorial video.

That may be so, but a learn-to-play product should not be dependent on the website for instructions.

On 6/26/2018 at 6:16 PM, Kakita Shiro said:

irst time players would probably just use dice. More importantly, I hope the      decks come with some basic instructions on how to play. 

Fair enough, but it takes a bit from the game using dice. Surely they could sell a simple set of counters that comes with a core set.. Then people could play with an intro deck or two without the initial need of a core.

My main concern about these kinds of pre-constructed decks is usually: are they balanced against each other? I don't really follow the AGOT scene, but I've played a couple of 1e games. I might be interested to pick these up, if they work well against each other.

Also, in case people at FFG read this: please release more preconstructed decks with images from the TV show, like you did with the Stark vs Lannister box. I only know Game of Thrones because of the show, so it would be nice to play with characters I actually know, rather than with characters that only appear in the books. That is all. :)

After looking those decks. They seems to be pretty fun. Ofcourse there Are pairs where one deck can be dominant. But decks don`t seems to be extremely punishing.

and multiplayer format definitely should balance the game. If one player is more experienced and start to get too bid lead. Other player may combine their forces againts that ”arrogant” wanna be king! ;) untill They later start pretty wars among each others by inevitable betrayal!

Edited by Hannibal_pjv