Imperial Biker List

By nungunz, in Army Building

Hey all! Looking for feedback on my first Imp list. I’m loving the biker swarm idea (hard hitting, but fragile).

I'm trying to use battle meditation to cut down on the need for long-range comms as well as an area-denial tool.

Triple AT-RT does concern me, but I do have a lot of units with impact (Three impact 1, Three impact 2, and One impact 3).

Darth Vader 235
- Battle Meditation, Force Reflexes, Saber Throw

Stormtroopers 68
- DLT-19 Stormtrooper

Stormtroopers 79
- DLT-19 Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper

Stormtroopers 68
- DLT-19 Stormtrooper

Stormtroopers 78
-HH-12 Stormtrooper

74-Z Speeder Bikes 90

74-Z Speeder Bikes 90

74-Z Speeder Bikes 90

798/800

Edited by nungunz

Very similar to my list. An alternative list could be to scrap a Speeder for another DLT squad + a few Gernades on your squads, but idk.

It will be interesting to see how strong this list will become once you swap Vader for Veers + ~140 points.

If you have time, post some of your games!

Have very much considered adding grenades as the Stormies get a huge close-range boost by shifting from a white to a black die at range 1 (especially with Precise 1).

I almost think of the grenades more as a shotgun/SMG upgrade as the stormtrooper accuracy goes through the roof with AIM in range 1 black dice. Compared to rebel troopers, Stormies get a much better boost on grenades.

Probably would lean towards concussion grenades, but not quite sure.

In the current list, I’d probably drop the additional stormtrooper on one squad and two sets of concussion grenades.

If I need more bodies, then dropping a unit of bikes can work.

Thought more on it, alternate Vader list would be:

- 1 Bike

+ 1 DLT, extra trooper, concussion grenade squad.

+ Concussion grenades on the other 6 man squad.

Veers will make the triple bike list much more viable.

2 hours ago, nungunz said:

Thought more on it, alternate Vader list would be:

- 1 Bike

+ 1 DLT, extra trooper, concussion grenade squad.

+ Concussion grenades on the other 6 man squad.

Veers will make the triple bike list much more viable.

It's funny because that's the exact same list that I played against yesterday. I lost, but it was a close one. The extra trooper squad really made a difference in that game.

Here is my Veers version:

Veers 95
- Esteemed Leader, Commanding Presence

Stormtroopers 68
- DLT-19 Stormtrooper

Stormtroopers 68
- DLT-19 Stormtrooper

Stormtroopers 68
- DLT-19 Stormtrooper

Stormtroopers 68
- DLT-19 Stormtrooper

Stormtroopers 78
-HH-12 Stormtrooper

Stormtroopers 78
-HH-12 Stormtrooper

74-Z Speeder Bikes 90

74-Z Speeder Bikes 90

74-Z Speeder Bikes 90

793/800

Still have some points to play with. Maybe a grenade or some grappling hooks.

Hooookay, I proxied the triple bike list with Veers and it is insane.

Force Choke, a set of concussion grenades on one squad, or two squads with grappling hooks fills out the points well.

For the bikes, you really want to go for a one-two punch using Assault to get all three bikes going last in a round and then dropping Evasive maneuvers on the board the next round to help protect them.

This is going to be best turn 2 into turn 3.

But leads to trouble with Maximum Firepower, because MF is only useful turn 1 and 2 most of the time. If you use MF turn 2, you delay the punch.

The punch:

Turn X: Bikes go last in the round with: Move 3, Aim, shoot for dangerous 6 die, impact 2 attack with two rerolls.

Turn X+1: Give bikes in the most danger dodge tokens. Move, dodge or Aim (pivot if you have to, but try to avoid this), shoot again.

Most of the time on the bikes you’ll want to be doing: move, shoot, dodge.

Depending on what the Imps get coming up, you may want to drop down to two bikes.

If combining turn 3 into 4, you may need long-range comms and just drop Commanding Presence.

The list looks brutal! A lot of activations, yet relatively easy to manage, good synergy between units and Veers, lots of troopers for objectives/Guardian, decent range and Impact weapons. I like it a lot.

14 hours ago, nungunz said:

Hooookay, I proxied the triple bike list with Veers and it is insane.

Force Choke ... fills out the points well.

:huh:

How on Earth are you adding Force Choke?