Rebel List 800pts Luke, 4 Troopers, and 3 AT-RTs

By BenBot, in Army Building

Luke, Force Reflexes, Battle Meditation (185pts)

4x Rebel Troopers, +1, ion trooper, grappling hooks, impact grenades (90pts each)

3x AT-RTs, rotary cannons (85pts each)

Thinking of switching a rotary cannon for a flamethrower on one of the AT-RTs.

Still haven't played yet!

I would probably take 2 ion 2 z-6. having to reload those ions will slow your troopers down a lot

I hadn't realized that the ions needed to reload!

2 and 2 sounds like a good idea.

Very similar to the list I am working towards, except I have 2 ions and 2 z-6's and instead of grappling hooks I have scopes

I am also looking at mixing up each squad with the different nades, 2 ion squads with impact and the 2 z-6 squads with concussion (ignore cover)

Still need to have a game and see how the list runs

I am running something very similar but with 1 z6 + 3 ion, fewer toys on my troopers and no force reflexes on luke, which lets me afford one more naked trooper squad. A fifth squad is huge for activation advantage and for objective threatening.

Ok taking suggestions into account I came up with this:

Luke, Force Reflexes, Battle Meditation 185pts

2x Rebel Troopers, +1, ion trooper 82pts each

2x Rebel Troopers, +1, z-6 trooper 72pts each

1x Rebel Troopers, +1 50pts

2x AT-RT Rotary Blaster 85pts each

1x AT-RT Flamethrower 80pts

Total: 793pts

I'm not sure what to do with the last 7pts...

I don't know if I'm ready to buy and paint so many Trooper Expansions but I know I'd enjoy playing them! ?

I'd drop 4 of the extra troopers for extra unit. It's always better to have more options for scoring the objective ;) Other than that, it comes down to preferences - whether you want some extra anti-armor with lascannon on one ATRT instead of Rotary or Concussion Greandes on Z6 unit, or Impact Grenades on Ion unit ;)

On 3.4.2018 at 7:37 AM, BenBot said:

I don't know if I'm ready to buy and paint so many Trooper Expansions but I know I'd enjoy playing them! ?

Grenades for 5 pt.

On 4/3/2018 at 12:37 AM, BenBot said:

Ok taking suggestions into account I came up with this:

Luke, Force Reflexes, Battle Meditation 185pts

2x Rebel Troopers, +1, ion trooper 82pts each

2x Rebel Troopers, +1, z-6 trooper 72pts each

1x Rebel Troopers, +1 50pts

2x AT-RT Rotary Blaster 85pts each

1x AT-RT Flamethrower 80pts

Total: 793pts

Flamethrower seems meh. When it's good it's very good, but most of the time the AT-RT just dies before it can get into range. I'd go with another Rotary or Laser Cannon instead.

I've been testing a list that runs 6 troopers (4 Z-6, 2 Ion + extra trooper), Luke, and 2 AT-Rt Rotary. I've had pretty good results so far.