[DH1] Some Q&A I had with a producer about Creatures Anathema (Questions 61-70)

By ThenDoctor, in Dark Heresy

61. Does a Xeno-craft magnocular set operate in any particularly different way than a human version? Can it be used by humans for example? Penalties for non xenos? That sort of thing.

———— > Really up to the GM. If you want only Eldar or those who study them closely to be able to use it, that would be fine.

62. Does the "token of a xenos diety" operate as a Charm?

———— > Ditto.

63. Is Xeiros XXI just the numerical designation for the monitoring station, or is it the designation for the planet Xeiros Prime that it is monitoring? From the added datapad note in the Eldar Ranger section.

———— > Ditto. Things like these are for flavor, and the GM can assign any meaning they want to in order to strengthen their games.

64. Is the Sheol VII of the Journal entry after Ulthyr Ellarion supposed to be Sheol XVII?

———— > Not that I know of. But if you want it to for your games, sure!

The adendum to the entry describes seemingly a Sheol associated with the Haarlock Legacy, which the Haarlock Line was involved with Sheol XVII gifting it to the mechanicus I beleieve at some point.

And I've never seen a Sheol VII in any other place in the writing.

65. Any idea what the Entine Prophecy is? It seems to relate to whatever happened at the Battle of Sheol and the Haarlock's Legacy it's a reference for the addendum to the journal entry.

——— > See #63

The only thing I could fathom is that it had to deal with the chaos vessel that hit the Argent Herald, but it of course could be discussed elsewhere (even later in the novel)

66. I remember from questions before that it would be prudent to ask, even though the Eldar Weaponry (or any xeno weaponry for that matter) has a price point and availability were they intended to be used/accuirable by Player Characters?

——— > If the GM wants to offer them a way to get them, sure. It also gives a ballpark for resale value, though the repercussions of possession/sales of such items are another matter.

Though if I remember it seemed to be fine in Disciples of the Dark Gods with normal Eldar weaponry and the recommendation was just about not letting the PCs get a hold of Dark Eldar weaponry.

67. Which should take precendence in terms of characteristics for the Shuriken Pistols price? Disciples of the Dark God's 4500 or Creatures Anathema's 5000?

———— > Latter.

68. Should the Shuriken Catapult of Disciples of the Dark Gods be updated to have the Tearing special quality or is this one of the differences between the Avenger and regular version?

———— > I’d say yes. Later stats are usually more correct than earlier ones.

69. The descriptive text mentions that the Enoulians are encountered most commonly in the Malfian sub, as they theoretically come from the Halo Stars.

A brief mention in the beginning of the Xenos sections mentions they more often haunt worlds in the Drusus Marches.

Obviously it hardly matters, they're both next to the Halo Stars, but I feel like it could be important for distinction if a campaign takes place in one particular subsector.

So, opinions on if Enoulians favor one subsector over the other?

————— > They don’t.

70. Enoulians have a movement based on an AB of 3, but they are Size Scrawny, so should they not have a movement based on AB 2 (AB 3 - 1 for Size)?

———— > No, the stats are correct as is.

On 3/31/2018 at 7:10 PM, ThenDoctor said:

64. Is the Sheol VII of the Journal entry after Ulthyr Ellarion supposed to be Sheol XVII?

———— > Not that I know of. But if you want it to for your games, sure!

The adendum to the entry describes seemingly a Sheol associated with the Haarlock Legacy, which the Haarlock Line was involved with Sheol XVII gifting it to the mechanicus I beleieve at some point.

And I've never seen a Sheol VII in any other place in the writing.

On the other eyestalk, the name of Sheol XVII does imply the existence of Sheol I - Sheol XVI. And if Haarlocks used to own one rock out there, why not a whole bunch of nearby ones?