Not getting influence cards

By centralx, in Fallout

Hi All,

Played the commonwealth scenario twice now. Overall we have enjoyed the game, but seem unable to even get enough influence cards by the time the NPC characters win. I feel like we are either just misplaying the strategy of the game, but we also think we are not potentially playing the quest cards right. We still have a lot of debate of when to add cards, where to add them in the deck (top or bottom), what some of the keywords do and especially what happens to the cards without any keywords.

Any help or rules suggestions we may be overlooking would be really appreciated as we like the game, but until we overcome our inability to even max out on influence cards before we worry about getting the amount of influence points needed; I fear the game won't hit the table again anytime soon.

New cards are added immediatley when a quest or encounter result says so. You then take the top [amount of players] cards of the appropriate deck, shuffle the new card among them and place the new stack of [amount of players plus one] cards back on top.

You are playing it that you get an influence point for the card plu s the bonus for meeting the requirements?

And don't forget that the faction tokens advance when the Agenda deck is shuffled and passed to the other player and not when you see a star or shield icon.

Excepting quest cards the factions can take awhile to advance to the end game especially if you only focus on side quests and not the main story.

Edited by Vetnor

Thanks everyone for your assistance. After reading the rules and having to teach my friend how to play his own game I ultimately concluded we were not using the faction dial appropriately (Along with a host of other items incorrectly played). Based on the poor example in the learn to play guide my friend interpreted that both factions start on the top two sections and only go down 1 for each section, effectively making it 3 turns and the NPC faction would end the game.

I am happy to say we have got past that point and seen how the game is suppose to play now. We are getting those influence cards and winning the games before the factions do for a change.