Star Wars Models for Terrain

By Sygnetix, in Painting

I've a few more en route but won't be here until sometime in April. I see this question popping up a lot, so I thought I would contribute.

First arrived is the Revell Snaptite Build and Play Star Wars: The Last Jedi! Resistant A-wing Fighter (written as listed on Amazon).

https://imgur.com/gallery/wutiI

Edit: Photobucket has turned to trash so give me a bit to get an updated, non-cancer filled host.

Edit: imgur link added.

Edited by Jorbas

Re: TIE Fighter - I originally intended to post actual pictures but had forgotten about FFGs upload limit. All photos will be posted to the above link. Please disregard.

Edited by Jorbas

Re: TIE Interceptor - I originally intended to post actual pictures but had forgotten about FFGs upload limit. All photos will be posted to the above link. Please disregard.

Edited by Jorbas

Re: X-Wing - I originally intended to post actual pictures but had forgotten about FFGs upload limit. All photos will be posted to the above link. Please disregard.

Edited by Jorbas

Linky no worky.

4 minutes ago, Darth Lupine said:

Linky no worky.

Welcome to greed. Apparently photobucket now demands you pay them to show people your own photos.

It seems that you can get the photos hosted by them to show (at least temporarily) by adding "~original" (minus the quotes) after the end of the image url (.jpg)

No idea how long that trick will work though.

4 minutes ago, ejdmo said:

It seems that you can get the photos hosted by them to show (at least temporarily) by adding "~original" (minus the quotes) after the end of the image url (.jpg)

No idea how long that trick will work though.

Considering free and unlimited use is what put them on the map, I'd rather just walk away. I have 0 tolerance for shady business practice, they make enough money from advertisements (that they bombard you with).

Imgur also offers direct image links for embedding, and FFGs forum software detects these automatically, so you literaly just need to paste them into your post to show up. Probably the best image hoster at the moment, at least of those I know and used.

Thanks for the reference pics, for how much do these kits go?

Amazon being Amazon it fluctuates. Right now it's $16.90 but I think it was $15.xx after shipping when I ordered it.

25 minutes ago, Jorbas said:

Welcome to greed. Apparently photobucket now demands you pay them to show people your own photos.

All mine are from photobucket, no charge. Hmm.

27 minutes ago, Jorbas said:

Considering free and unlimited use is what put them on the map, I'd rather just walk away. I have 0 tolerance for shady business practice, they make enough money from advertisements (that they bombard you with).

I definitely don't disagree with you. Just wanted to give an option to get you by until you decided on a new host.

Scale on that AWing looks pretty close. Think I will be getting a couple.

So in my excitement over the A-Wing, I failed to double check the scale for the rest. In getting information on the A-Wing and preparing for the arrival of the others, I realized my mistake. It appears that only a snowspeeder is in the same scale as the A-Wing (1/52),the fighters range in scale from 1/112 to 1/90.

I might pick one to open and see how hard fabricated a properly scaled copy might be, but otherwise will be sending them back. If I do undertake that project, I'll post updates but it would be a month or two down the line.

You've got till Sunday to produce some terrain...no pressure. ???

Pfft, I've got till Sunday to assemble and prime lol