Blood Legionnaires

By Darth Lupine, in Painting

Continuing my Blood Squadron theme from Armada, here are the fleets troopers, the Blood Legionnaires!

image_zpsaz3x1kra.jpeg

image_zpsszh4cdli.jpeg

image_zpszo6mxwvt.jpeg

image_zpsduigq68l.jpeg

Edited to add Tish, my ATST.

Edited by Darth Lupine

Nice scheme. They've also been painted skillfully too.

5 minutes ago, Alan Noir said:

Nice scheme. They've also been painted skillfully too.

Thanks! I've been doing minis since early warhammer, so I've got some experience!

Hi, Luv your paint scheme. I am going to take inspiration from you and paint my stormies in a similar manner but each of my teams will be a different color. Red, Blue Green and Black

Presenting the Legions ATST, Tiff!

image_zpsnfo1akvc.jpeg

I really wish they had made the ATST with an open top hatch option and a commander figure...

Very nice!!! Your At-St has really sparked my imagination, thank you.

That AT-ST is amazing my friend. Do you mind listing the paints you used please?

8 minutes ago, Cornwolf said:

That AT-ST is amazing my friend. Do you mind listing the paints you used please?

Primer is just rust oleum X2 extra coverage grey. Shaded with GW Nuln oil, thinned down a bit. Some edge highlights done with Adeptus grey mixed with a liberal dose of white. Mephiston red for the Legion colors, shaded with brown wash from P3 paints, and Ironbreaker for the metal details. The base is Tamiya olive green.

The palette was kept to a minimum for simplicity's sake, and the main issue was just the size of the thing. I assembled and painted the legs first, and the 'head' separate. I have some Imperial Cogs, 1inch across, on the way, which will go on the side panels.

Awesome cheers mate.

2 hours ago, Darth Lupine said:

I really wish they had made the ATST with an open top hatch option and a commander figure...

Isn't the hatch glued on?

If so, you could glue it open and stick either the General Wiess or a bisected General Sorin figure in the top.

(I don't know personally whether it's glued because I don't have one...)

Edited by Indy_com

Nope, comes apparently molded on. It may be a preassembled piece, but I don't want to risk prying it loose and breaking something. Maybe I'll try that with the second one.

Added some touches to Tish....