Impact Grenades

By Big Easy, in Army Building

Does the Rebel Trooper expansion only come with one copy? Outside of proxy rules does this mean you need to purchase an expansion for every squad you want to run with impact grenades?

Correct, the Rebel Trooper Expansion only comes with a single copy of Impact Grenades. As does the Stormtrooper Expansion, Snowtrooper Expansion, and Fleet Trooper Expansion. If you want to run a squad with Impact Grenades you would need to purchase one of these expansion to acquire the card.

Personally, I am planning on picking up two Fleet Trooper boxes which should be plenty of Impact Grenades for my purposes.

Good too that ffg still don't like their customers. Since it's a minature game Im gonna print what i don't have as long as I got the models

14 minutes ago, jocke01 said:

Good too that ffg still don't like their customers. Since it's a minature game Im gonna print what i don't have as long as I got the models

I mean, you don't need to have the models either really.

47 minutes ago, Big Easy said:

You don't even have to play the game at all.

You also probably won't actually want to run a copy of Impact Grenades on every unit of Troopers you field. People love to complain, but in most practical situations, owning 2-3 copies of Impact Grenades from, say, a Rebel Troopers expansion and 2x Fleet Troopers expansions will be plenty.

I would have preferred that the Stormtroopers/Rebel Troopers expansions had come with two copies of Impact Grenades in the same way that the Bikers (and presumably the AT-RT) came with two copies of Comms Jammer. Such is life. On the upside, we don't need to buy out of faction expansions to get upgrade cards. I can focus on Imperials and entirely ignore the Rebel options. So far, that's better than X-Wing and Armada.

5 hours ago, KrisWall said:

You also probably won't actually want to run a copy of Impact Grenades on every unit of Troopers you field. People love to complain, but in most practical situations, owning 2-3 copies of Impact Grenades from, say, a Rebel Troopers expansion and 2x Fleet Troopers expansions will be plenty.

I would have preferred that the Stormtroopers/Rebel Troopers expansions had come with two copies of Impact Grenades in the same way that the Bikers (and presumably the AT-RT) came with two copies of Comms Jammer. Such is life. On the upside, we don't need to buy out of faction expansions to get upgrade cards. I can focus on Imperials and entirely ignore the Rebel options. So far, that's better than X-Wing and Armada.

Yup. Beat me to it.

The more I play the less excited I am about Impact Grenades and the more I want to take Concussion Grenades instead. That said, I'm happy picking up 2 boxes of Snowtroopers to get likely all the Grenades I want.

At 800.

Are people finding impact grenades useful at all?

I would have thought the at st would still be pretty rare

9 hours ago, Ophion said:

At 800.

Not in my area. I've played full games against Imperials four times and faced the ATST each time.

I've used the Impacts in one squad, also had an ion, had a laser cannon on an RT, and had my speeder. That relatively diffuse approach to anti-tank has worked well so far.

23 hours ago, Ophion said:

At 800.

the thing is huge, people like big toys, just look at how many SUV's are on the road

On 27.03.2018 at 11:21 PM, jocke01 said:

I preffer strict no proxies rules ober games workshop bull shiet when they play on tournaments with ...potatoes instead of minis

On 3/27/2018 at 2:11 PM, Big Easy said:

Does the Rebel Trooper expansion only come with one copy? Outside of proxy rules does this mean you need to purchase an expansion for every squad you want to run with impact grenades?

I’m more concerned about the inability to run concussion grenades on all the squads.

On 3/31/2018 at 4:03 PM, Derrault said:

I’m more concerned about the inability to run concussion grenades on all the squads.

A core box has 4 copies though.

26 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

A core box has 4 copies though.

And we can run up to 6 squads, more if we decide to scale up to grand army. (Disclosure, no interest in buying a second core set)

Edited by Derrault
Clarifying

You only need one copy of an upgrade card for a squad, correct?

1 hour ago, jaltur said:

You only need one copy of an upgrade card for a squad, correct?

For weapons, yes. One weapons upgrade effects each mini in that particular unit.

Thanks

On 3/27/2018 at 2:36 PM, Big Easy said:

I just use old bottle caps. Metal beer caps for troops, plastic soda caps for officers/heroes (because they are taller). Works great!

On 4/1/2018 at 8:02 PM, Derrault said:

And we can run up to 6 squads, more if we decide to scale up to grand army. (Disclosure, no interest in buying a second core set)

Well, if you don't want a second core at this very moment its quite hard to play at grand army OR need more than four grenades ;)

6 hours ago, Fmartinez said:

Well, if you don't want a second core at this very moment its quite hard to play at grand army OR need more than four grenades ;)

True, but a second core set would be overkill for regular play (8 cards for 6 squads) or insufficient for grand army (8 cards for 10 squads).

Either way, extra copies of those cards would be important to have outside access to.

On 3/27/2018 at 2:21 PM, jocke01 said:

Take it easy. It’s a brand new game with very few units. 2 years from now people who only bought every other trooper expansion will have 6.

You could buy a german Box. It has each card twice. Once in english and once in german language.