Question about expantions

By Gnomen, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello.

My name is Lukas. I like to ask You some questions:

1. I have Descent board game core. And I like to buy 4th expantion The Road to Legend. It is possible, or I need first to buy 1st, 2nd, 3rd expantion set, and then I can play 4th ? I hope that You understand what I mean.

2. How about the rules in this expantion ? Do i have to remove some of the cards from orginal set, or Descent core game rules are still valid ?

3. Where I can buy paintable miniatures for Descent? I mean this maded in metal, not plastic.

Thank you for all the anwsers.

Best wishes

Gnomen

Gnomen said:

Hello.

My name is Lukas. I like to ask You some questions:

1. I have Descent board game core. And I like to buy 4th expantion The Road to Legend. It is possible, or I need first to buy 1st, 2nd, 3rd expantion set, and then I can play 4th ? I hope that You understand what I mean.

2. How about the rules in this expantion ? Do i have to remove some of the cards from orginal set, or Descent core game rules are still valid ?

3. Where I can buy paintable miniatures for Descent? I mean this maded in metal, not plastic.

Thank you for all the anwsers.

Best wishes

Gnomen

1. No. Only the core game is needed to play.

2. Rules are a little different, but base mechanics remain. Some skills and items aren't used in RTL and some characters are tweaked.

3. Try your local gamestore. Also you can order them from FFG's site.

Concerning miniatures (3.): The painted miniatures for Descent that you see on the BoardGameGeek and elsewhere are actually the plastic miniatures that came with your game. They are perfectly paintable - just wash them with soap before you prime them, otherwise the paint might not stick to the surface.

The metal miniatures you can get in the FFG store are the lieutenants for Road to Legend, not the regular game monsters.

Gnomen said:

You can play Road to Legend with only the core box if you like. There will be a small number of components you won't be able to use without the other expansions (a couple of dungeon cards and a few monster cards you won't have minis for) but most of it will work just fine.

Gnomen said:

Officially RtL uses the core game rules unless otherwise specified in the expansion rulebook, although once you get said book you'll see quite a bit has been changed ;) It's not a completely different game, but there are a number of rules changes you'll want to watch out for. They're all in the book, just read it carefully.

There are a few game components that have been altered or removed from the core set for RtL, the book will tell you which. Also check the latest FAQ as I believe there have been a few more changes there (which may or may not apply without other expansions.)

Gnomen said:

All Descent minis are paintable. ;) As for the LT figures which are probably what you're referring to, you'd have to check local availability with the gaming stores in your area. Failing that they can be ordered on the web store here.