Some question and maybe SPOILER

By guest335636, in Legends of the Alliance

Hi Guys,

Some question with the App.

We play the first 2 mission last days and we had some discussion about couple of rules...

1) Imperial: First action is to move X and attack Y.... if Imperial have a LOS to the Y target but, let said, at 8-10 distance, do he still do the attack?

2) Imperial Group with highest members: We had something that trigger a condition... The Imperial group with the highest number of member, all gain FOCUS. On the table, we had 5 Imperial card with one 1 member in each.... does that mean that ALL imperial sould have been FOCUS?

3) In the second mission, we had IG-88 on the map. Between 2 round, the app tell something like: Blablabla... IG-88 run fast to Attack Y blablabla...., do a attack again Y. With no more info... Since IG88 was far from Y and no LOS and no number onhow many move point... we just skip it... not sure it was the right way?

4) Stun on Imperial: If a Imperial have a STUN condition, does it discard it instead of doing a Attack action, even if he can't do the attack because of LOS or other things? We play that if the imperial can't do the attack, the stun will remove a move action, so only 1 move action left.

I think that's it for now, thanks!

Sorry for my english, not my first language!

On 3/22/2018 at 6:52 AM, guest335636 said:

1) Imperial: First action is to move X and attack Y.... if Imperial have a LOS to the Y target but, let said, at 8-10 distance, do he still do the attack?

2) Imperial Group with highest members: We had something that trigger a condition... The Imperial group with the highest number of member, all gain FOCUS. On the table, we had 5 Imperial card with one 1 member in each.... does that mean that ALL imperial sould have been FOCUS?

3) In the second mission, we had IG-88 on the map. Between 2 round, the app tell something like: Blablabla... IG-88 run fast to Attack Y blablabla...., do a attack again Y. With no more info... Since IG88 was far from Y and no LOS and no number onhow many move point... we just skip it... not sure it was the right way?

4) Stun on Imperial: If a Imperial have a STUN condition, does it discard it instead of doing a Attack action, even if he can't do the attack because of LOS or other things? We play that if the imperial can't do the attack, the stun will remove a move action, so only 1 move action left.

1) I don't believe it is explicitly stated in the rules, but when determining if a figure is a valid target I always consider the highest possible accuracy that could be rolled with the attacker's dice plus any bonus accuracy from surge abilities. If the target is 10 spaces away and it is possible to roll an accuracy of 10, I consider the target to be valid, even if the odds are slim to none. Otherwise, if I know it is not possible to hit the figure, I consider the target to be invalid.

2) Each card represents a separate Imperial group, even if there is only one figure in that group. Since all of your groups contain only one member, then only one figure may receive the focus. You may choose which one receives it.

3) It would be helpful to know exactly what the instruction stated, but if IG-88 can not gain LOS to a particular target he should choose a legal target that best satisfies the criteria. If no target satisfies the criteria, he then targets the closest Rebel figure. If there are no legal targets in LOS, the instruction should be skipped. Target Priority on page 15 of the LotA Rule Book covers this topic.

4) Page 21 of the LotA Rule Book addresses this:

" Stunned : When an Imperial figure with the Stunned condition would gain movement points from a Move instruction, it gains no movement points instead. After an Imperial figure with the Stunned condition resolves a Move instruction, it discards the Stunned condition. Stunned Imperial figures cannot attack or voluntarily exit their space outside of their own activation."

Imperial figures may still attack while stunned. The stunned condition is only removed after a Move instruction is resolved.

On 3/22/2018 at 7:52 AM, guest335636 said:

Hi Guys,

Some question with the App.

We play the first 2 mission last days and we had some discussion about couple of rules...

I think that's it for now, thanks!

Sorry for my english, not my first language!

1) Like @dwaynedauzat mentioned I don't think there are any indications in the rules. I play a bit differently though. I will move X and attack Y if I have guaranteed accuracy. For example, if a stormtrooper is attacking with its blue-green die, the minimum accuracy you can get is 3. If another unit than a stormtrooper is attacking and has built-in accuracy, I will also factor that in. Of course, if Y is the last healthy hero I might give it a shot as this could end the game. Otherwise, I try to play the app's imperials the way I would play if I was the imperial player. I would probably not shoot a target that is 9 spaces away from a stormtrooper since the chances of getting the correct accuracy are very slim (about 3%). Therefore, I will attack Y if I can move the stormtrooper 3 spaces away from Y (but not closer like the rules say. I don't see any benefits for a stormtrooper to move next to its target when he can hit it from 3 spaces away). If I can't, I chose the closest rebel.

4) A stunned imperial figure would play its attack action as follow : If it says move X to attack Y, you would first determine if the imperial figure has LOS to Y. If it has, you would instead read this as move 0 to attack Y. So the figure would move 0, then it would discard the stunned condition and it proceed by attacking Y. If the stunned imperial figure does not have LOS to Y it would move on to the next best target satisfying the criteria, etc. If the stunned imperial figure does not have LOS to any rebel figures, it would skip the attack action instruction and move to the next instruction, possibly a move instruction. Then it would gain 0 movement point from that instruction and discard the stunned condition. It would then proceed to the next instruction to complete its activation.

2 hours ago, dwaynedauzat said:

Imperial figures may still attack while stunned. The stunned condition is only removed after a Move instruction is resolved.

But only during it's activation (I know you have the full rules quote in there, but just for the sake of clarity).

2 hours ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

4) A stunned imperial figure would play its attack action as follow : If it says move X to attack Y, you would first determine if the imperial figure has LOS to Y. If it has, you would instead read this as move 0 to attack Y. So the figure would move 0, then it would discard the stunned condition and it proceed by attacking Y. If the stunned imperial figure does not have LOS to Y it would move on to the next best target satisfying the criteria, etc. If the stunned imperial figure does not have LOS to any rebel figures, it would skip the attack action instruction and move to the next instruction, possibly a move instruction. Then it would gain 0 movement point from that instruction and discard the stunned condition. It would then proceed to the next instruction to complete its activation.

And, again for the sake of clarity, in the case of melee figures it would be adjacent to (if applicable, two spaces if the figure has Reach) instead of LOS.