size comparison

By Praetorian13, in Star Wars: Legion

Just got the stores demo set and am painting them for play. Have been asked by a couple customers how the miniatures compare to the old Wiz Kids figures and the Imperial Assault Miniatures. These guys are pretty bulky and substantial!

Les

comparison3.jpg

Sooo... Not horribly different then. Some of the height difference certainly comes from the height of the base.

Thank you for the picture!

That just serves to remind me how derpy the WOTC miniatures were. Loved the game though.

22 hours ago, Praetorian13 said:

The one on the far left is probably Luke from A New Hope .

4 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Perfect post.

Did someone expect the size of the legion model to change when it got painted?

:P

16 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Well the board had a good run. Time to shut it down.

17 minutes ago, Omnustechni said:

Perfect post.

Only if I would have added this.

If they were on the same style base I’d have no problem mixing the IA stormies in.

On 3/21/2018 at 10:56 AM, Praetorian13 said:

Just got the stores demo set and am painting them for play. Have been asked by a couple customers how the miniatures compare to the old Wiz Kids figures and the Imperial Assault Miniatures. These guys are pretty bulky and substantial!

Les

comparison3.jpg

Not WizKids, it was WOTC. If WizKids did make them, they would have been substantially better.

And I love the base height - much easier to pick up.

25 minutes ago, Hawkman2000 said:

Not WizKids, it was WOTC. If WizKids did make them, they would have been substantially better.

Sure about that? Attack Wing doesn't shine a bright light on WizKids...

4 hours ago, mini78 said:

That just serves to remind me how derpy the WOTC miniatures were. Loved the game though.

They used to be pretty good for pre-painted miniatures during their first several expansions.

But when the pre-paint quality started going downhill it later sets, it went downhill fast .

2 hours ago, Hawkman2000 said:

And I love the base height - much easier to pick up.

Mage Knight says otherwise... though the big ones weren't bad.

what size is SWL suppose to be anyway? 32mm?

2 hours ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

Sure about that? Attack Wing doesn't shine a bright light on WizKids...

WOTC ran Star Wars minis from 2004-2010, during that time WizKids put out some great sculpts and paint. Yes, early MageKnight was alittle rough but that was because WizKids practically invented the pre-painted minis format and MageKnight ran from 2001-2005.

So, yea if WizKids had the Star Wars license during the same time period WOTC did, I really think they would have done awesome.

Edited by Hawkman2000
On 3/22/2018 at 10:32 AM, flightmaster101 said:

Did someone expect the size of the legion model to change when it got painted?

:P

I was doing this post foremost for the store I work at. Wanted people to know that they did not come pre painted. And they are a few smidgens of a millimeter bigger with primer, paint and 2 coats of lacquer......

On 3/22/2018 at 5:58 PM, Vineheart01 said:

what size is SWL suppose to be anyway? 32mm?

35mm i think

1 hour ago, thebigeb2589 said:

35mm i think

Close, it was quoted as 34mm at GenCon

On 3/22/2018 at 1:05 PM, LordUrban said:

If they were on the same style base I’d have no problem mixing the IA stormies in.

You could always re-base them. I could see someone home brewing a version of Legion using their Imperial Assault miniatures.

I have been making 3D skirmish maps for Imperial Assault and have always wanted to take the "Grid" out of the game. "Home Ruling" the characters using the Legion movement tools is the perfect solution.

Honestly, I feel if you mounted the IA model - base and all - fully on a Legion base... overall height would be close to a match... plus you have the benefit of having the proper base size for the maneuver tool...

... of course, I can’t really try it and compare until I can replicate the Legion Bases...

if its 34mm, thats basically around 1/48 scale (i'm not that good at converting scales).

meaning while the Falcon to scale would be just under a meter (724mm)...not even small enough to be a piece of terrain but you could probably have a skirmish INSIDE of it lol.
Xwings would be ~266mm or 10.5 inches. Doable as a mini, better as terrain though.

And now i feel compelled to make a bunch of ruined ship terrain :P i cant even prime my models because its impossibly windy out and im trying to find MORE work? wtf is wrong with me?

Edited by Vineheart01