Escutcheon's Painting Thread

By escutcheon, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on the forum for some time but in honor of St. Patrick's Day, I've decided to share my (green) Waiqar! Here is my test miniature.

C&C welcome.

Reanimate_1.jpg

Reanimate_2.jpg

Reanimate_3.jpg

I like the rusty armour

Sharing my first Carrion Lancer, who is affectionately known as Dylan. Please excuse Dylan's poor dental hygiene.

I hope to post some archers and completed Reanimates next.

Dylan2_cropped.jpg

Dylan1_cropped.jpg

Dylan3_cropped.jpg

I'm liking the colors on that worm! Very creepy. Nice job! :)

Trying out Imgur.

Reanimates:

1YuQTxE.jpg

Reanimate Archers:

NIsXy3A.jpg

Carrion Lancer:

KVZnAVA.jpg

Finished my Death Knights! They are ready to trample the foes of Waiqar.

It took a few iterations to settle on the color scheme, since I wanted them to both stand out from the basic warriors but also share a similar theme, hence the dark granite armor (to match the Reanimate shields), green cloth, and overall muted look.

Ankaur Maro is next (he's 80% done, it's just... a lot of bone to highlight).

774eih6.jpg

socEpbY.jpg

hjZgX7T.jpg

I love the scheme. How did you get the base to take on that texture and color. I just paint and flock mine and I’m looking to take the next step...

Thank you.

The base is regular sand you'll find on a beach or construction site. I use PVA glue to stick to the bases and trays before basecoating. I also sandpaper the trays beforehand to help the sand adhere.

If you can find tiny roots or twigs, that adds different textures too.

The colors are (from the Army Painter): Oak Brown; Strong Tone (quite a lot because I want it to look muddy); drybrush Oak Brown; very light drybrush Desert Yellow.

Then Army Painter swamp tufts to finish.

Edited by escutcheon
"sandpaper"

Wow man they are awesome! Especially the eyes, they look so...glowing XD how did you do them?

Cheers! Eyes are a dot of white (after the wash/dark tone fills in the eye sockets) followed by watered down Jungle Green or Scorpion Green just around the edges of the sockets.

Use the tiniest brush you have.

Only just seen these- your death knight horses are really good, great choices- face to face I think they'd be really intimidating with a huge fear factor, the sanguine blood-brown's quite unsettling, all the more so if you know a bit of Terrinoth lore as there's a creepy suggestion as to their various possible unnatural origins- you might not even look at the riders- if the horses scare you that much....

Great job!

I'm now running. Fast. Those things don't look like they'd nuzzle you for a sugar lump. Not that you should give horses sugar IRL anyway but you get my point.