Scarif Shield Gate play mat

By drail14me, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

How about an official FFG Scarif Shield Gate mat for X-Wing. Would be neat to have the Star Destroyers and Rebel Fleet in the background.

I'd like this too.

Last summer, 2017, the Hungarian Nationals made an unofficial version, in the style of the system open mats. I'd love one like that.

It would be alot of fun if someone were to repaint some X-Wings and Y-Wings and get a U-Wing and a ton of TIE Fighters and two Star Destroyers and the Ghost and the Profundity and some CR90s and Gunships and GR75s...

6 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

It would be alot of fun if someone were to repaint some X-Wings and Y-Wings and get a U-Wing and a ton of TIE Fighters and two Star Destroyers and the Ghost and the Profundity and some CR90s and Gunships and GR75s...

... And then play! :D

This is a fantastic idea, I really like it.

GUNBOAT!

i mean yeah, we need Scarif mats

Scarif mat with a blue squadron painted t65 with the new sculpt that has moving sfoils with new pilots.

I know TIE strikers were on the surface, but you wouldn't be able to stop me from running them up to protect that shield gate!

4x Imperial Trainee (Lightweight Frame, Adaptive Ailerons)
2x Academy Pilot
TOTAL: 100

Awww yeah!

EDIT: This mat would be equally cool for Armada, though I don't play. I'd gladly watch an Armada battle report video played on that mat.

Edited by Parakitor
Math is hard

I'm all for it if is not one of those proportional aberrations like Hoth or Bespin.

I would like this as a mat with just the gate and the planet below (no other ships). Plus, the gate image needs to be at a size that makes sense to play a scenario on it about destroying/protecting/penetrating the gate.

Some of us like to storytell while playing!!

Edited by Darth Meanie

I'd love one, as long as the proportions aren't so bad we can see an AT-AT on the planet.