Will the Rhinos roam

By Bending Arms, in Deathwatch

I wonder if there will be some vehicles in the book (not just spaceship), I like to see some of spacemarines vehicles repersented in the book, it would be nice to see landspeeders, bikes, rhinos, and predators. Some rules for their use, who doesn't want the thrill of a splash down in a drop pod.

Bending Arms said:

I wonder if there will be some vehicles in the book (not just spaceship), I like to see some of spacemarines vehicles repersented in the book, it would be nice to see landspeeders, bikes, rhinos, and predators. Some rules for their use, who doesn't want the thrill of a splash down in a pod.

There were some vehicle rules put out prior to FFG taken over. I've got them in paper, but don't have electronic copy. I'm sure one of the fan sites has it online for download.

Deathwatch don't use 'standard' vehicles often, from what I recall. Rhinos, Land Raiders, Predators, etc are all venerable relics of the Chapters, with some of them having been in use since the Horus Heresy.

The Chapters won't just hand those over to the Inquisition to be fiddled with and then potentially lost forever on some suicide mission to take down a Xenos Warlord. Frankly, I'd be annoyed if there's more than Drop Pods or Teleports from the orbiting ships as transport options.

Kanluwen said:

Deathwatch don't use 'standard' vehicles often, from what I recall. Rhinos, Land Raiders, Predators, etc are all venerable relics of the Chapters, with some of them having been in use since the Horus Heresy.

The Chapters won't just hand those over to the Inquisition to be fiddled with and then potentially lost forever on some suicide mission to take down a Xenos Warlord. Frankly, I'd be annoyed if there's more than Drop Pods or Teleports from the orbiting ships as transport options.

Doesn't the Inquisition have plenty of its own Rhinos/Razorbacks? Thats at least what the Demonhunter/Witchunter Codices would have you believe.

BrotherAtrox said:

Kanluwen said:

Doesn't the Inquisition have plenty of its own Rhinos/Razorbacks? Thats at least what the Demonhunter/Witchunter Codices would have you believe.

Yes, but they have giant stylized "I's" painted on the side of them to show they work for the Inquisition. Pretty snazzy, huh?

BrotherAtrox said:

Kanluwen said:

Yes and Chimeras as well. Although I doubt we'll see these in the core book for Deathwatch since they won't be essential to play. Nice to have sure, but not necessary. Whether they are shuttled in a ground vehicle or get dropped off in an Aquilla Lander, this won't be a game where the vehicles used to get the characters where they need to be is an important part of the game in the same way that Starship combat is for RT. Now I could more easily see them being in a supplement at some point, but no, not given page count in the core.

I dunno about you guys, but playing out Landspeeder VS Eldar Vyper dog fights would be pretty Boss.