MONSTERPOCALYOPSE!!!

By Forgottenlore, in X-Wing Off-Topic

I found them super easy to assemble.

Painting them, that’s another issue.

Got a game in tonight, really came down to the wire. His Gorgy was at 2 HT, my Def-X at 1. I tried to run away so that I could finish him off with my units but he swatted a g-tank into my face. Game Over.

I am so so looking forward to getting more than just apartment buildings to smash.

Edited by Forgottenlore

I got two fairly significant chunks of resin where you connect Goghadra's head. And then an even larger chunk on one of his shoulders. That part of assembly is something that makes me nervous, as well as removing the hands from the sprues.

Luckily, my units were near perfect.

And one reason I am looking forward to my Giga Robo order is getting the plastic buildings to replace the cardboard Apartment Buildings.

dug this one up

Curious about this game. Wonder how much fun it'll be to someone who's more interested in fun, thematic battles than a competitive scene.

2 hours ago, Crabbok said:

Curious about this game. Wonder how much fun it'll be to someone who's more interested in fun, thematic battles than a competitive scene.

Should be good, if you have like minded opponents. The big draw of the game for me is the spectacle, having a full city set up just looks so cool.

Yeah, I really, really cannot wait to get the buildings that come with Giga Robo for a really cool looking battlescape.

I'm just using a bunch of old, 1st ed buildings and counting them as apartment buildings for now.

Don't get the tactical depth, but at least it looks good.

Yeah, I am not bringing Apartment buildings for any reason other than to have a full field.

18 hours ago, Sithborg said:

March releases.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/42034/more-monsterpocalypse-monsters-buildings

And it looks like the Now factions are coming to the game next year.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/42012/privateer-teases-2019-releases

Though the agenda switch of Uber Corp and Tritons are a surprise.

And in other news, I am finally going to get around to assembling my Gorghadra this week.

So Uber Corp is the "invaders" instead of "collaborators"? That is a bit odd.

3 hours ago, Marinealver said:

So Uber Corp is the "invaders"

Destroyers. And Tritons are Protectors

In the new game (so far) there are just Protectors and Destroyers, each with several factions, and Ubercorp is a destroyer, presumably the idea is strip mine and exploit with no concern for consequences.

And yeah, that threw a lot of people for a loop.

59 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Destroyers. And Tritons are Protectors

In the new game (so far) there are just Protectors and Destroyers, each with several factions, and Ubercorp is a destroyer, presumably the idea is strip mine and exploit with no concern for consequences.

And yeah, that threw a lot of people for a loop.

did they take out some factions? There were 12, 6 in the first 3 waves and then a new 6 in the later waves.

They didn't announce the Swarm or Elemental Defenders, since this was supposed to be more of a tease. It is assumed that they are coming after those 4.

11 hours ago, Marinealver said:

did they take out some factions? There were 12, 6 in the first 3 waves and then a new 6 in the later waves.

They took out some agendas. Originally there were 6 agendas, each with 2 of those twelve factions. Now there are only 2 agendas, each of which will (probably) get 6 of the original 12 factions.

So far the original 6 factions have 1-2 monsters and 10 units each, organized into the 2 agendas. Like Sithborg has said, they have announced releases for 4 of the second 6 factions for next year, and it is assumed the other 2 are coming, but only monsters and the faction building for those 6 factions have been mentioned, there is no word yet on any units for the second 6 factions.

PP seem to really be trying to push the idea that you choose an agenda (protectors or destroyers) to play, not a single faction (Cthul, shadow sun, Ubercorp), so it may be a while before we get units specific to those later factions.

Edited by Forgottenlore

It does look like they are slowing down releases.

Simians release in June, with Kondo and units, and then General Hondo comes in July.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/42933/simian-army-swings-into-action

And UberCorp in August. I don't remember the Shinobots from 1.0, though.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/43184/uber-corp-plans-monsterpocalypse-hostile-takeover

Though a Triton and Subterrarian is up for pre-order.

Edited by Sithborg

No, shinobots are new.

They've also said there is a brand new, never before seen monster coming this summer.

A few guys in my X-wing group just picked this up. I've been eyeing it since it was announced, but have yet to pull the trigger. I'm fairly close to buying in, but I know I'll end up spending all my X-wing Epic money on it! :lol:

On the plus side, it is much easier to stick to what you want than the original game. As it is, I am only really interested in half the Destroyer agenda factions. And maybe half of the Protectors, but that is going to wait.

Big news update. Looks like Elemental Champions and Savage Swarm are going to be introduced like Tritons and Subterrans, with a single monster, with the second and units later. The original 6 factions are getting a third monster and new units. They showed off a mix of classic and new units, so that is cool. GUARD gets an Exo Suite mech unit, which is cool. And Triton and Subterran 2nd monster, units, and building are coming. And new factions are on the way as well. One is going to be the GenCon special model. Sgt. Titanica, of the new Green Fury faction. Yes, it is the 50ft woman concept.