Starfighter master modifier

By DJCrazee, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

So I'm wanting to make a young, brash stereotypical hotshot type of pilot but I'm very much wanting to make him a expert at modifying his fighter to have a rather large amount of weapons and be as deadly as possible.

Ideally I would like him piloting a KST-100 since it isn't much larger than a regular fighter and comes stock with 4hp, 6hp with Custom Loadout, and I could get away with piloting it "solo" if I have an astromech co-pilot but worst case scenario I'll shoot for the Z95 Heavy as his signature ship, as with Custom Loadout he'd be sitting at 3hp to customize it. Definitely would prefer the slightly larger but far more easily modifiable(and therefore more armaments/armor/speed) KST-100 over other options but if someone has a better suggestion I'm open to hear them.

I know I definitely want Modder and Rigger, but I'm unsure which should take priority over the other and I'm unsure whether I should go with Hotshot, Operator, Gunner or Pilot as my "base" spec. I plan on eventually(when I can comfortably afford it) picking up both the Avionics cybernetics and the gunnery goggles. As for race, I'm debating between Human, Duros and Sathari and can't decide which.

Any and all advice is welcome! Thanks in advance!

On 3/6/2018 at 11:41 PM, DJCrazee said:

So I'm wanting to make a young, brash stereotypical hotshot type of pilot but I'm very much wanting to make him a expert at modifying his fighter to have a rather large amount of weapons and be as deadly as possible.

Ideally I would like him piloting a KST-100 since it isn't much larger than a regular fighter and comes stock with 4hp, 6hp with Custom Loadout, and I could get away with piloting it "solo" if I have an astromech co-pilot but worst case scenario I'll shoot for the Z95 Heavy as his signature ship, as with Custom Loadout he'd be sitting at 3hp to customize it. Definitely would prefer the slightly larger but far more easily modifiable(and therefore more armaments/armor/speed) KST-100 over other options but if someone has a better suggestion I'm open to hear them.

I know I definitely want Modder and Rigger, but I'm unsure which should take priority over the other and I'm unsure whether I should go with Hotshot, Operator, Gunner or Pilot as my "base" drspec. I plan on eventually(when I can comfortably afford it) picking up both the Avionics acybernetics and the gunnery goggles. As for race, I'm debating between Human, Duros and Sathari and can't decide which.

Any and all advice is welcome! Thanks in advance!

I replied to this yesterday but my post isn't here...

So I would either start operator (comparisons of pilot specs, "pilot" generic defensive, hot shot show boat but not offensively strong great for flying small agile fragile ships with low system strain [not an issue for the kst-100], squadron leader: the leadership pilot pretty good defensively, operator the pilot spec you go with when you want to nail the other guy's @$$ to the wall in ship to ship combat) or rigger. Personally I like the career skills of operator better unmatched devastation and the was it called always get my mark signature abilities are awesome on the ground abilities, but you might want to start with rigger for the ship to ship signature abilities. So selling points for operator... bounty hunter:operator is an eote spec which justifies eote starting ship resources i.e. 120K credits which happens to be just enough to start with a kst-100 which has 25 wt and 20 ss there's almost no point to take hotshot if you're flying a kst-100. Also operator is the only spec with offensive driving which synergies extremely well with defensive driving and you can get 2 ranks of defensive driving talent for a fairly cheap dip into squadron leader. Also operator is the OFFENSIVE pilot spec.

Personally I think the kst-100 is the best generalist ship in the game, it beats all other ships in most categories, but if what you want is to kill the other guy and money is no object then I would recommend the aggressor assault fighter in no disintegrations (and get yourself 4 cybernetics so you can capitalize on the ship's awesomeness)

Do you mind expounding on the cybernetics bit? I guess I've always glossed over those sections. lol

4 hours ago, Demon4x4 said:

Do you mind expounding on the cybernetics bit? I guess I've always glossed over those sections. lol

The aggressor assault fighter has safety limiters when when on cause the ship to have a maneuverability of either positive or negative (I forget which) 1. You can turn them off which causes the ship's maneuverability to become +3, but for every pilot maneuver taken the characters in the aggressor assault fighter take I think 3 strain but droids and characters with 4 or more cybernetics take only 1 strain per pilot maneuver. You want an arm or pair of leg that boosts agility and the avionics interface (+1 skill rank to pilot space and pilot planetary for air speeders, provided that you already have at least 1 rank) if you max your agility and piloting you could have 7 agility and 6 piloting, compared to 6 and 5 for people without cybernetics

Edited by EliasWindrider