Cleave targets?

By Methantilus, in Legends of the Alliance

How would you guys rank the best cleave target, assuming multiple available?Obviously there are a ton of variables to consider, but just for a general feel. Had a situation in my solo game the other day where I had 4 cleave options (sneaky Nexus).

• Healthy Hero
  • Wounded Hero
  • Nearly defeated (Wounded) hero
  • Nearly defeated (Withdrawn) hero
  • Healthy Unique Ally
  • Nearly defeated Unique Ally
  • Healthy non-Unique Ally
  • Nearly defeated non-Unique Ally
  • Healthy non-Unique Ally (last in group)
  • Nearly defeated non-Unique Ally (last in group)

I think these choices are what make the game your own personal experience and a little less mechanical. I'm not so sure that there is a best target. How hungry is the Nexu?

Imperial Rule: What's the worst alternative for the rebels in that situation?

If you don't have a clear answer to that, roll for it.

(I'm sure Wounded Hero would be at the bottom of the list.)

Without knowing all the variables, perhaps the nearly wounded hero would be my best choice, as the goal of the Imperials is to wound all heroes and a wounded hero could not use any medpacs to become healthy again.

3 hours ago, Methantilus said:

How would you guys rank the best cleave target, assuming multiple available?Obviously there are a ton of variables to consider, but just for a general feel. Had a situation in my solo game the other day where I had 4 cleave options (sneaky Nexus).

I would probably rank them something like this;

• Nearly defeated (Wounded) hero
  • Healthy hero (last healthy hero)
  • Nearly defeated (Withdrawn) hero
  • Nearly defeated Unique Ally
  • Nearly defeated non-Unique Ally (last in group)
  • Nearly defeated non-Unique Ally
  • Healthy Hero
  • Healthy Unique Ally
  • Healthy non-Unique Ally (last in group)
  • Healthy non-Unique Ally
  • Wounded Hero

But a lot of variables may affect this.

Is the Healthy Hero the last Healthy hero? Does defeating an ally cause mission loss? Has the cleave target already gone this round, or are they still going to activate?

Basically, it puts the ball in your court and asks you to honestly decide which is worse for you. Whatever you decide, is what the Imperial would do.