Cost and difficulty to create legends Guri

By jarazix, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

Hello all,

I remember in the EU they mentioned it cost a million or so credits. But WEG also mentioned infiltrator units that seemed to be both more common and easier to make. Probably with say rubberized skin.

Forgive the adult topic, but I would imagine besides infiltration there would be pleasure models and the like. So it can't be 1 mil to create say a "Data" or "Lore" equivalent (sorry to cross the streams there)

What do you guys think in cost and difficulty? I was thinking of upgrading the difficulty depending on goals of the assassin droid between 2-4 times. Mayhaps tripping the costs. Not for again clone vat grown, works under an x-ray Guri...but more the cheaper knock off.

On 3/4/2018 at 1:42 AM, jarazix said:

Hello all,

I remember in the EU they mentioned it cost a million or so credits. But WEG also mentioned infiltrator units that seemed to be both more common and easier to make. Probably with say rubberized skin.

Forgive the adult topic, but I would imagine besides infiltration there would be pleasure models and the like. So it can't be 1 mil to create say a "Data" or "Lore" equivalent (sorry to cross the streams there)

What do you guys think in cost and difficulty? I was thinking of upgrading the difficulty depending on goals of the assassin droid between 2-4 times. Mayhaps tripping the costs. Not for again clone vat grown, works under an x-ray Guri...but more the cheaper knock off.

So you don't care about fooling sensors but you do care about fooling people, and you want to build it like a PC of the member of the replicated species in terms of stats but having the droid traits and the cybernetic upgrades are not apparent to casual inspection. Well in that case, I'd take Guri's cost (4 million if I remember correctly) and divide it by 10 to arrive at 400K credits (plus the cost of cybernetic upgrades, which must be installed at the time of creation or will be apparent), because the sophistication of the droid (construction and programming) to get the mannerisms good enough to fool a live person are a good part of the cost. And fooling sensors is the remaining 90% of the cost.

Pleasure models that only have to be good enough to do the deed without having to fool sentiments about being droids would cost maybe 100K-120K credits. But they wouldn't be fooling organics into thinking that they weren't droids.

If building such a character as a PC, just use the standard droid template, but require them to purchase the Advanced Flesh Camoflage Kit (AoR core, page 193, cost of 2500 credits) and have it be "built in" as per the rules for droids and equipment, with the trade-off being that your replica droid character can't change their appearance, but it's still very difficult to determine if the droid isn't what they appear to be.

Alternatively, since you'd be taking out the versatility of the AFCK, you could just make it part and parcel of being a replica droid and thus a free item for the PC, or let them acquire it at a reduced cost (such as paying 1000 credits instead of 2500).

If it's an Adversary/NPC, just give them the effects of the AFCK as a special ability and call it a day.

Guri was indeed a unique case as she was built-to-order for the sum of 9 million credits, and in-verse was essentially a Terminator. Lore-wise, replica droids were pretty uncommon, being (at least in Legends) fairly new tech, with Guri again being the bleeding edge of the technology, to the point that when the heroes did suss out that she wasn't an ordinary human, they still didn't know she was a very advanced replica droid, only that she had a lot of biological inconsistencies (her skin age being less than half as old as what her appearance suggested, her breathing and other vitals showing no signs of stress-based variations, immunity to a very potent toxin).

Thought experiment: how would one stat Guri as an Adversary/Nemesis?

As an NPC, there would be a lot more leeway in stat construction. Essentially, apply whatever Characteristics, Skills, and Talents you feel Guri (or a comparable HRD) needs. Then, add the Droid Ability and a new custom ability of Human Replica Droid (a Daunting Perception check to determine that the NPC is a droid).

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:23 AM, Nytwyng said:

a new custom ability of Human Replica Droid (a Daunting  Perception check to determine that the N  PC is a dro  id).

I'd even add you'd have to have reason to suspect she might not be human to even make the check at all. Just like with concealed weapons, it's assumed that her very nature ensures she'll get through typical interactions with ease.