Should Promissory notes be exchanged in Diplomacy instead of Trade?

By Marinealver, in Twilight Imperium

Okay been listening to SpaceCats. Got to the trade but there was some thing I though was funny that Promissory notes are exchanged in trade when really unless you are Hacan you only have one trade promissory note. I think they should have been in Diplomacy instead. I know why they were in trade because you can put them up for sale. Me personally I would like to make them more integral to the game since now they are a core element.

Actually I came up with an idea for a Diplomacy II strategy.

Diplomacy II

Primary Ability

Chose a player, that player gives a promissory note and places a command token from his tactics pool into a system of your choice. If that system has a command token already the owner of that player immediately places that command token on his command board.

Secondary Ability

Spend a command token from your strategy pool to refresh an exhausted system, if another player accepts a promissory note from you you may refresh up to three systems.

Well so the idea not only for well protecting a system from invasion and possibly recovering a command token but also you can act as a power broker between two players. One player gets a command token back and that player who had to spend a tactics token gets a promissory note. The secondary ability is just a weaker version of Diplomacy 2ndary but if you can make a deal with another player it is stronger.