Build Queue and subjugation

By netsirt, in Star Wars: Rebellion

So me and my friends have come upon a massive disagreement on how something should be ruled (this mostly applies to units that are put in the 2-3 slots in the build queue). This is, what happens to the units in the build queue if a subjugated system loses its ground troops during the assignment phase if I use a card that destroys the amount of ground troops in the system? I am proposing that regardless what phase we are in or what number the unit is on the build queue that you lose the ability to build that unit seeing how you no longer have the inhabitants being forced to work for you or give you the resources. If I am correct does this remove the unit entirely off the queue or does this just put the building on halt until that system or another that has the same resource is captured? The same would apply for loyal systems. Does subjugating a loyal rebel system as a imperial during the command phase halt OR remove the unit(s) in the build queue until that system no longer has imperial ground troops in it or another system that has the same resources is made loyal? My friends are saying that once a previously loyal system (rebel or imperial) or a previously subjugated system is turned neutral or loses subjugation that this doesn't effect the build queue at all even though the respective person loses the ability to control resources and that the units should be dropped down by 1 spot in the build queue when the time comes. This just makes no sense to me.

This question could branch out into other questions but receiving an answer to this question would answer the others we have.

I do hope I have made sense regarding this question, and if we are all just dumb and missed the rule that explains what we are having trouble agreeing upon, then I am sorry for bringing this up.

I don't know how you could come to these conclusions. There are no rules even close to suggesting units on the build queue are connected to the status of their build origin system, or even connected to their build origin at all. You're making things up where they don't exist.

I agree with Thraug. Seems like you're trying to give "realistic" sense to that aspect of the game, but there is no rule that is even close to imply that. Once the unit is placed on the build queue, it doesn't matter if you loose the systems that gave you that resources, they still advance on the queue and can be deployed when they are out of 1.

Anything once placed on the build queue can only be taken away if a card specifies you can do so, for example being allowed to rush build or destroying units from the build queue.

You seem to be applying your own rule but a simple rule of thumb is if it is not specified in the rules then it's not a rule. Something as important as removing units from the build queue if a planet is no longer subjugated would be clearly defined in the rules.