Rule Clarification: Skeleton Pierce In Road To Legend

By CaptainFrisk, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

In the descent FAQ, its noted that skeletons / master skeletons have pierce of +1 / +2. I'm reading this as applying to vanila descent only, since the road to legend + sea of blood cards replace these with escalating pierce. My group (after being relentlessly hassled by silver level sniping skeletons at +2 / +3, would like to read this errata as over-riding all skeletons. It seems that leaving diamond skeletons at +1/+2 would make them pretty underpowered.

I couldn't find anything else in the forum or the FAQ to truly confirm that the FAQ note was only applying to vanilla descent.

Thoughts?

Yes, that applies to base Descent only as there was a misprint on the original monster cards. In fact, this has been corrected in later printings so it may not even apply to you. If playing RtL, use the stats printed on the RtL monster cards. (Except for the Hellhounds which have a misprint. The correction is in the RtL section of the FAQ.)

As I recall, there's a line in the RtL rulebook that says all vanilla rules apply unless explicitly overridden by RtL rules. I would say that entirely new monster cards count as explicitly overriding the vanilla cards.