Undeveloped Traits

By DezzyBassist, in Strategy and deck-building

I've made a combat deck for my 2 handed plays based around Tactics Imrahil. The decks posted on RingsDB.

http://ringsdb.com/decklist/view/7994/come-death-come-honor-1.0

I won't argue that he's not great for Silvan decks with elf-friend, but I spun my idea around his warrior trait instead. Some of the best allies have this trait, ally versions of Beorn, Boromir, and Legolas. The Silvan archers for thier enter play effects.

It had me wondering what fully developed Warrior archetype would be. Or what the Scout trait would involve. Beornings? Secrecy and Doom have also fallen to the wayside too. Granted secrecy and Doom aren't "traits" what are some of the others you'd like to see get a little limelight?

Edited by DezzyBassist

Prince Imrahil is a good way to use the warrior trait. But this trait, like Istari, healer or scout probably don't deserve a full mechanic but more small tools, some cards that make you want to play rather warrior than other allies.

About doomed and secrecy there is already a lot of cards available. Doomed never was supposed to be play all together in a deck so there is small chance to see more "doomed mechanic cards" than key of orthanc (especially made for Grima) and seeing-stone. I build a lot of doomed and secrecy deck. I probably play doomed cards in all my multiplayer decks, excepted the secrecy ones. So they are absolutely not forgotten in my house ^^. And we recently see a doomed cards (steward of Orthanc) so the dev don't forget them either.

Dale seem to be a very exciting mechanic. My hope is to see also beornide be developed :).

Edited by Rouxxor

Nobody seems to ever remember one of my favorite traits in this game: Artifact. Sure, there's not much artifact synergy, but thematically it's one of my favorites and I think it could use some support.

Doomed would also be a no-brainer choice for me. Not that doomed is bad or inviable, but it needs way more exploration IMO.

Edited by Gizlivadi

I just want an attachment that makes Orthanc Guard worth playing. I wouldn't mind seeing some more Isengard synergies.

Beyond that, I'm hoping for some Beorning support in the next cycle.

I'd like a few creative Eagle cards. Ents have 3 non-character cards and Eagles only have 1. Some kind of unique ally and/or attachment combo with limited staying power? I don't know how it'd look but something more and different.

There aren't manly more people groups in Middle Earth, so by default, maybe Wose?

6 hours ago, Authraw said:

I just want an attachment that makes Orthanc Guard worth playing. I wouldn't mind seeing some more Isengard synergies.

Beyond that, I'm hoping for some Beorning support in the next cycle.

Orthanc Guard is doomed to oblivion. Having 2 def and 2 PV make him really bad :/. Developing doomed seem dangerous to me because it may increase this, already too powerful mechanic.

Meanwhile I agree that Eagle deserve way more. I hope we will have more Dale hero too. Since Bard tactics is not a Dale we have only 4 heroes, including 2 Braid. Not that much choice.

While I too, am longing for more artifacts, blue wizards, and obscure lore shout-outs, I think Doomed is fine where it is. I think every time Seastan broke the game, the decks he was using probably would not have worked without Deep Knowledge, Legacy of Numenor, and the Seeing Stone.

The Dale mechanics do seem like fun.

I had forgotten the Seastan factor. I suppose the developers consider that now when they make additions to the game.

LoL. When a Dwarf is designed, they take Dáin into account. When a tactics event is designed, they take Hama into account. When a spirit ally is designed, they take Caldara into account.

And when a card happens to be designed? Caleb’s mind is on Seastan.

A lot of unreasonable things to do have been avoided in wilds of rhovanion thanks to some restrictions (in traffic from dale, in warrior of dale) so they learn from their errors about releasing insane loops. But the main problem is the ability to draw your entire deck turn one. And I haven't solve the puzzle yet but I'm almost sure I still can make infinite resource loop on turn one, but it will require multiplayer (3 or 4 players) synergic builds instead of the solo deck it needed a few months ago ^^.