Uthuk Store Champ list

By Church14, in Runewars List Building

For Uthuk players trying to run an Uthuk Army with only two core sets and one infantry command (I have two, only used 1 worth). I came close, but ended up digging a Fire Rune out of my Waiqar cards to swing it

Uthuk CoreHoard:

Berserkers [37] 3x2
Bloodfire Witch [5]
Warsprinter [3]
Aggressive Shrieker [5]
Total Unit Cost: 50

Berserkers [16] 2x1
Fire Rune [7]
Total Unit Cost: 23

Flesh Rippers [22] 2x1
Total Unit Cost: 22

Flesh Rippers [22] 2x1
Total Unit Cost: 22

Spined Threshers [18] 1x1
Total Unit Cost: 18

Spined Threshers [18] 1x1
Total Unit Cost: 18

Ravos the Everhungry [40] 1x1
Reaping Blade [4]
Insatiable Hunger [3]
Total Unit Cost: 47

If you don’t have access to borrowing Fire Rune for an OP event, terrifying Heraldry or Bannerscamp could be used instead. With the saved points, look at Viscera Goblet for Ravos.

I was was surprised at the firepower. Threshers hit unreasonably hard for a single tray. Rippers don’t hit that hard, but the number of times they are flanking when attacking helps that damage output. Bloodfire Witch is good for keeping Unstable runes up. That kept the two tray Berzerkers putting out more than is expected. Ravos is just Ravos.

The unit that didn’t do much damage was the 6 tray as my opponents always focused on it. At our store champ, I tabled all three opponents by turns 7, 6, and 5.

A few notes for anyone running this:

- I’m surprised at how little I missed Dead Sprint. It does force you to deploy smarter, but isn’t nearly as critical as I thought.

-Don’t be afraid to use Bloodfire Witch to try to flip Unstable runes back facedown. If you are facing Maegan, this may be a desirable outcome.

-This list is very sensitive to bad deployments. The matches that I did the worst in were the ones where I deployed poorly. Several practice games had me trying to curve Rippers around an obstacle when just a sprint into it and then leaving the next turn would have been better.

I tried a Fire Rune list at my last store championship. I was very disappointed in Bloodfire Witch. I was super excited to bring her, but she let me down in every game. Still, I think she's strong, statistically.

Also, my list had fewer, larger units compared to yours and compared to my first store championship. Having rerolls is critical, but I think I prefer the options you get from having more pieces to activate, so I like your list.

[Aside: You only have 1 Fire Rune in there and it comes with the Uthuk Y'llan Army Expansion, so I don't think anyone who plays that list would need to borrow Fire Rune since the only way to make that list right now is to buy 2 army boxes, which results in 2 Fire Runes.]

Hm. Maybe I just missed it in the stack. So woo! I managed to make a stand-alone Uthuk Army for players without borrowing/proxying .

I was worried about lack of rerolls on the rippers and Fire Rune. Though there is some sound logic to the idea that two separate attacks with no modifiers do more than one with. It certainly helped me against Daqan when they kept readying shield wall each turn. Shield wall saving 2 spearman a turn is better than seeing it save 6.

To tell rhe truth, the high number of units was the only way I could find to field a 2Core army without having a bonkers 12+ point bid. I later found out that I really like playing Uthuk this way.