IA in South Florida?

By MattPetersen, in Imperial Assault Organized Play

Got into the game over Christmas.

I would like to start playing skirmishes.

Is there anyone in South Florida (Miami, Fort Lauderdale) who plays and knows a store that hosts events?

Thanks!

I only know of 2 players down there. Possibly more but not sure. We have a decent following here in the Jacksonville area. The Florida Regional is coming up here in a few weeks in Melbourne

23 minutes ago, IamtheBendu said:

I only know of 2 players down there. Possibly more but not sure. We have a decent following here in the Jacksonville area. The Florida Regional is coming up here in a few weeks in Melbourne

I was actually thinking of possibly traveling to Melbourne for the event.

Matt,

I’m a player in Miami. I know of a few players here, but I have not come across any organized events. However, I would definitely go to one of the local stores for some games.

I am in West Palm Beach. I've been practicing on Sundays lately at Past, Present & Future Comics to get ready for the regional in Melbourne. Would love to have more opportunities to play in these parts.

Awesome guys!! We will have to coordinate a place and time to play more!

Mom trying to get some friends of mine who play Heroclix to also play this game.

Then have them buy my collection out of South Carolina. :P

Get you some of that tangerine wine or tomato wine from the shop in Melbourne!

I was just in Naples for 6 weeks and tried to find IA players or tournaments... alas...

Not South Florida, but I'm in Tampa. We have 3-4 fairly regular players and are looking to grow the community. If any of you are ever over on this side of the state, we'll have to get some games in. Hope to see some of you in Melbourne on Saturday.

I'm about to start regularly flying south for the winter to Cape Coral where my bro owns a house. Can you guys tell me what stores near there have game nights?

I know there are some players in Orlando too

Cape Coral is a bit south of Tampa (about 3 hours), down by Naples. The closest store I know of down there is The Dark Side Comics in Sarasota, about halfway between Tampa and Cape Coral. They used to have IA events, but don't know if they still do. In my experience, the biggest IA groups in Florida are in Jacksonville and Orlando.

Coolstuff in Hollywood Florida is starting IA events.

This Sunday they’re doing a learn to play event all day.

I'll be back in Naples for a couple months, Dec and Jan. Hopefully I can find something nearby then. Sarasota isn't that far. If it was a tournament I'd even drive up to Tampa maybe.

On 2/26/2018 at 10:24 AM, reg1214 said:

Not South Florida, but I'm in Tampa. We have 3-4 fairly regular players and are looking to grow the community. If any of you are ever over on this side of the state, we'll have to get some games in. Hope to see some of you in Melbourne on Saturday.

Where in Tampa are you playing?

Hey Matt do you still play Imperial assault? I am in South Florida (Hollywood) me and some friends play the game and if you are interested in meeting up for some IA Skirmish I would be down!

Edited by Joe Filho
On 4/9/2018 at 6:27 PM, Ot-rebor said:

Where in Tampa are you playing?

I usually play at Armada Games or Critical Hit Games in St. Pete. We don't have anything regular running for IA, but are looking to grow the community.

I live in cooper city, been looking for new players in the ft lauderdale area. Currently only know a couple players, would like to play with other too.

I'm gonna be in Naples for Jan and Feb ('19) and would love to play some skirmish (or better yet, a competition!). I know it's still early, but people probably don't check this board that much... Anything going on?

Gonna be in South Florida in a bit over a month... Anything going on there? Otherwise I won't haul my IA stuff.

On 11/22/2018 at 11:23 PM, Mandelore of the Rings said:

Gonna be in South Florida in a bit over a month... Anything going on there? Otherwise I won't haul my IA stuff.

There's a Regional down there early February, so there's definitely still a community around!

Ooohh oohh! Where is it being held? That would fit perfectly! I'd love to do a regional in South Florida while I'm there... Sweet!

So I'm back in the States, in Naples. It doesn't look like I can borrow the in-laws car to get to the Regionals in Melbourne, FL... :( but I wonder if anyone else is driving up from around here? I could help with gas money if I could bum a ride!

Anyone going to the Regionals from the Naples area? I could get a ride to you if that helped...

Thanks!

I'm gonna be back in Naples for Jan and most of Feb...

Anything going on? We could organize a IACP tournament?