Has anyone modified the leader standees so the bottoms don't get torn up?

By jconway2002, in Star Wars: Rebellion

As you know, taking the leaders in and out of the plastic bases causes the bottom of the leader standees to get torn up. The easiest solution is to just not remove them, but sometimes you have to. So, I was wondering if anyone has modified their standees to solve this? I was thinking a protective film of some sort would do the trick? Perhaps some packing tape, or maybe masking off the bottom and using a spray on clear coat? Anyone have some ideas?

Unfortunately I am unable to reply (forum restrictions on solicitation) however, if you were to contact me directly I would be happy to let you know what I've done.

On 2/14/2018 at 4:00 AM, jconway2002 said:

As you know, taking the leaders in and out of the plastic bases causes the bottom of the leader standees to get torn up. The easiest solution is to just not remove them, but sometimes you have to. So, I was wondering if anyone has modified their standees to solve this? I was thinking a protective film of some sort would do the trick? Perhaps some packing tape, or maybe masking off the bottom and using a spray on clear coat? Anyone have some ideas?

I'm confused... why do you need to remove the leader tokens from the plastic bases?